Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Why users can ignore banns with new IDs?

Hey together,

i've banned some Users who can come back if they create a new ID in their client. Please understand me right but thats not the idea of a ban.

So the question is how can i ban users so they can't create a new ID (5 clicks) and can relogin.
    And pls ... don't answere with "ban the IP" Both gets banned, but reconnect your router, you get a new IP ^^

I hope there's something i've missed.

Greetings and thx
    mm-de

You could raise your server's security level. Almost never run a server below 25... the higher the security the longer the user will need to generate a proper ID. If that user is to annoying just raise the security level. At level about level 35 it will require a user hours or days to generate a vaid ID.

My ID is at level 42... It would take an annoying user months to get such an ID.

You could also use server password and temporary passwords.
    Or restrict your default group.

PS: Dont know what servers you are visiting Barungar, mine is only 26 and its good so far...

Quote Originally Posted by mm-de View Post
    So the question is how can i ban users so they can't create a new ID (5 clicks) and can relogin.
    And pls ... don't answere with "ban the IP" Both gets banned, but reconnect your router, you get a new IP ^^
    Umm, what server version are you using?

3.0.7 [Build: 02.03.2013 07:03:25]

The Security level is theoreticly a good idea but, the most users don't know this function ... and for a public teamspeak-server ... not so good.

I think i restrict the default server-group and add needed-join power for all channels, but at the end of the day it's bullshit that i can't really ban users :/

Upgrade to the latest server version, which at the time of this writing is 3.0.7.2
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

whatfor?

i don't think this will fix my problem

btw ... i've updated the server to the latest version
    Last edited by Chris; June 18th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

Thread Information