Forum

Why can't we have IRC-like groupchats in Teamspeak 3?

Hi.

My community made the transition from Skype to Teamspeak and we are loving it.. However!

Since we cannot have a group chat in Teamspeak, we are forced to use both clients which is tedious and annoying.
    Is Teamspeak 3 every going to support group chats that you can join/leave as you please?

Kind regards,

Will

You can text chat with everyone inside a specific channel or the entire server already, if you want to chat with multiple people who are all in different rooms, there is an addon for that

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You can text chat with everyone inside a specific channel or the entire server already, if you want to chat with multiple people who are all in different rooms, there is an addon for that
    Hi Chris.

I hope there's not development being withheld because of that addon, because it simply is not enough.

First of all it is not maintained anymore, and the API version is outdated.

Second, it is not "integrated" with Teamspeak, which leaves design in a poor state.

Third, anyone participating in a group chat needs this plugin. Suppose that we do get it to work, should we really have to inform everyone to get this plugin and how to get it to work? :S

Please think about implementing this as a real, flawless solution just like everything else about your client. I love Teamspeak 3 and the only thing tempting me to go to Mumble is that their community is more open towards implementing these things, not to mention the plugin database.

Best regards,

Will

Thread Information