Forum

IP and DNS doesnt work

So i have a server running and it worked fin until today when my ip and dns thing would allow me to get on the server only when I type localhost will it let me get on. I ported forward and everything, can someone help?
    in the first pic the league.info.gf is the one I use for my team speak server.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 11.16.41 PM.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	8410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 11.16.20 PM.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	8411  

Quote Originally Posted by classiest View Post
    So i have a server running and it worked fin until today when my ip and dns thing would allow me to get on the server only when I type localhost will it let me get on. I ported forward and everything, can someone help?
    in the first pic the league.info.gf is the one I use for my team speak server.
    This looks like your internet connection works with a dynamic IP and this one, your public IP, has changed. Be sure that the IP you have declared in the A-Record (first image) is your current public IP.

I figured out the problem, my network changed from 192.168.1.103 to 192.168.1.101, when I changed it to 101 it works flawlessly, thanks for the help, anyone know why it would change like that though?

your router assigns your PC a dynamic IP address automatically through DHCP. These IPs are usually given to a specific host for a limited time, after which it expires and the router assigns you a new iP from its pool. This may be another one then the one you previously had. To avoid that either configure your router to always give your PC the same IP or configure a static IP in your operating system.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by classiest View Post
    I figured out the problem, my network changed from 192.168.1.103 to 192.168.1.101, when I changed it to 101 it works flawlessly, thanks for the help, anyone know why it would change like that though?
    You have to force a static o fixed IP for the PC that holds the server. Probably your server is using DHCP (in TCP/IP properties you have chosen "Get the IP automatically") and then you have the risk the local IP change if you disconnect the computer.

You have to see in your router the range for local fixed IPs and then force an IP in this range for the server.

If your router allows it, the best way is to assign a fixed IP using the MAC address of the ethernet card of your server.

Thread Information