Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved When does TeamSpeak 3 delete clients?

Looking at the client ids in my server's database, I can tell that there are many holes in the earlier client_ids but the latter client_ids have no holes between them.

I'd like to know what the criteria for deleting clients is, whether it's built-in or its a setting, so I can prevent it.

The server will delete clients that have not been logged in for 90 days (by default) and that do not have a permanent server group assigned (e.g. are guests). This is to keep the database small(ish) and prevent unnecessary data from being kept. If a client that was never a member (or something special) hasn't been around for 90 days, chances are he won't be coming back so why keep data you are, in all likelihood, never going to need.

The amount of days of inactivity before such a client gets deleted from the database can be configured through a command line parameter at instance start and it can also be disabled. See server_quickstart.txt section 6 for further information on available command line parameters.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Does dbclientkeepdays=0 disable pruning?

No it does not.
    Please use a big value like 99999999.
    Last edited by dante696; December 4th, 2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: 0 is not accepted from server.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thank you very much for your quick help Chris! I had a whole group of people that joined a few months back but left before I could add them to Normal they disappeared.

dbclientkeepdays=0 does not work!

I have dbclientkeepdays set to 0 in my ts3server.ini and it still deleted a large number of clients from my TeamSpeak database at the beginning of the month. I don't want the overhead of having to add everyone who connects to my TeamSpeak to another server group, but I need the join date of all clients who connect. My only command-line parameter is inifile=ts3server.ini. Do I have the wrong key/value, or is this broken?
    Last edited by dante696; December 4th, 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: merged

dbclientkeepdays=0 does not accept 0 as a value.
    Also would mean delete them everyday.

Please use 999999 and your users will stay in your databse for 273~ years
    I guess you will never find out if that worked , when the first user was deleted.
    Last edited by dante696; December 4th, 2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: merged
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thank you dante, I think Chris erred here, but it's cool.

Is it the same for dblogkeepdays? I think those are both the keys I need to not ever prune, at least according to this.
    Last edited by dante696; December 4th, 2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: merged

... is "dbclientkeepdays=" only working on a NEW created Server? On my Server the Entry "dbclientkeepdays=90" is doing nothing, this Server is not new, i use the ServerConfig.ini after 1 Year after created my Server ...

Sorry my English Iam German Potato-Eater

It's working with old and new servers. But must be set on each virtual server + the user must be removed from any permanent Server group.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

OK, i will see ... thanks for Answer
    Last edited by --- MaBo. ---; October 6th, 2014 at 06:39 AM.

Thread Information