Forum

serveradmin group revoked

Hi!
    An administrator of my server has mistakenly revoked the default group from serveradmin account.
    How do I reassign it?

Thanks.

If you are talking about a regular client in the regular Server Admin group you can just assign it back with any client still in the server admin group.

If you are in fact talking about the serveradmin (note the difference) query login here, then nobody should be able to revoke his permission but himself, since nobody has the permissions required to do so. IF you added regular clients to the query admin group (which you should never ever do!) and they removed the serveradmin account then you're screwed unless you still got people in that group.

Regardless the Query groups are for query clients ONLY! NO other client should EVER be in these groups!
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If you are talking about a regular client in the regular Server Admin group you can just assign it back with any client still in the server admin group.

If you are in fact talking about the serveradmin (note the difference) query login here, then nobody should be able to revoke his permission but himself, since nobody has the permissions required to do so. IF you added regular clients to the query admin group (which you should never ever do!) and they removed the serveradmin account then you're screwed unless you still got people in that group.

Regardless the Query groups are for query clients ONLY! NO other client should EVER be in these groups!
    I'm talking about serveradmin account. Someone of my team removed the account from group by mistake. Is there a way to re-add it?

Problem solved.
    Using SQLite Browser I executed:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO group_server_to_client VALUES('2', '0', '1', '0')
    Restart, done.

Thanks for support.

Modifying server database is not recommended and potentially dangerous.
    Also as I said above regular clients should never be in the query groups EVER!
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information