Forum

auto-disconnect clients with high ping?

Is there any way of auto-disconnecting (kicking) clients who have exceptionally high ping? A few users on my TS have very high ping, sometimes >1s, and high packet loss. All communication is then screwed. I tried to ban them manually, but they always create new identity, and keep comming again and again...

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    ... I tried to ban them manually, but they always create new identity, and keep comming again and again...
    What server version are you running?

You cannot auto kick people with high ping / packet loss and while you can ban them, that's not really an option if you really want them to be around and play / talk with you.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

You can auto-ban them with something like 1 minute so you will be able to avoid the spam relog as well.

High ping is not the issue, the packet loss is. Would be easiest to moderate the channel I think, granting V or other server/channel group to allow regular users without a problem to talk. If someone request talk power grant it, if they are having a packet loss problem you can't tolerate, revoke talk power. Granted its not auto, but is is much less anti-social than banning someone for something that may be temporary and beyond their control.

Thread Information