Forum

Question Channel Groups

Hey guys.

Well I went through your forum but either didn't find an answer or wasn't able to understand it.

I have the following situation:

My Teamspeak 3 server includes two channels [Channel A] and [Channel B] but is not limited to it. I want to allow {Group 1} to access [Channel A] but not to access [Channel B] and allow {Group 2} to access [Channel B] but not to access [Channel A].

Furthermore, both groups should be able to access all other Channels except those I've mentioned.

Is this possible?

If yes, how?

I've seen some threads in wich some users said, you have to set up some channel groups with low i_channel_join_power and set the respective power on the channel. But that wouldn't help in my case, right?

Thanks in advance,

TheFrozenOne

PS.: Please don't kill me if there are millions of other threads with the same topic.

The "millions of other threads" is close to the truth, and yes you have to use channel groups with the respective join power of the channel. The public channels everyone can access would then be governed by server groups.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But the join power is like a power level, right? And if you have at least the power you need to join a channel, then you're able to join it. Right?

So. If I set the power for {1} and [A] to "1" and for {2} and [B] to "2", then {B} would be able to join [A]. And this is something I don't want to have...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrozenOne View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But the join power is like a power level, right? And if you have at least the power you need to join a channel, then you're able to join it. Right?

So. If I set the power for {1} and [A] to "1" and for {2} and [B] to "2", then {B} would be able to join [A]. And this is something I don't want to have...
    TheFrozenOne,

There are two types of group permissions:
    -Server permissions -> Are Valid Serverwide
    -Channel permissions -> Are Valid only on the given channel (and all of it's subchannels) and overwrites the servergroup permissions for those rooms.

EXAMPLE:

TS3 SERVER
    --Channel A
    --Channel B
    --Channel C
    --Channel D

You need to set the following permissions:

"NotGuest" ServerGroup (every non guests servergroups except ServerAdmin)
    i_channel_join_power = 10

Channel A and Channel B Permission:
    i_channel_needed_join_power = 20

"AllowEnter" ChannelGroup Permission
    i_channel_join_power = 20

You give the "AllowEnter" ChannelGroup to Group1 on channel A and to Group2 on channel B!

This way Group1 can use Channels A, C and D and Group2 use Channels B, C and D.
    Problem Solved!

/cheers

Thank you very much!

Limit channels to certain people

ok I am new to setting up TS3, how would I go about doing this, I have two teams and wish to make a channel for both teams and then I also have public channels, I only want DG team to get into DG channel and OnMe team to get into the OnMe channel, both can still go to public but cannot enter each others channels. thanks for any help, i have all channels set up just do not know how to link the groups up with channels like I am wanting to do.

Dizzy, your situation is the same one as TheFrozenOne's, and a solution has been given.

Can you understand the solution presented or do you need some clarification? If so, in what exactly...?

I tired to set up mine like this, could not quite get it to work. Mine is a little more complicated than this simple setup it seems.

I have multiple server and channel groups. All I need to do is to be able to lock a client or someone in a specific group (server or channel) to only be able to go to join a specific channel (the default channel if I must).

Is this possible and how would I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Information