Forum

[WIP] Teamspeak Event Notification System (TENS)

http://i.imgur.com/y4tQKUn.png

What is TENS?
    TENS is a simple, lightweight multi-platform program aimed at TeamSpeak server owners/communities that want to automatically notify users of upcoming events (for example a meeting, or a gaming match). Whenever an event is near, all users (or only certain groups that you define) will receive a poke or a chat message reminding them of the event e.g. "NOTICE: Battlefield 3 Match starting in 15 minutes".

Reminders can be sent at different intervals, e.g. 30 minutes, 15 minutes, or 5 minutes before an event (or all three). If you wish, users can also be moved to a certain channel when the event is about to begin.

How does it work?
    Currently TENS works by periodically scanning specific topics (that you designate) on your forum board - looking for any threads about an event. For example, one thread under the "Battlefield 3" category may be titled "Match: 7pm on 19/07/13". TENS will recognise this as an event and store it in a list of known events. No extra addons or mods are needed for your forum board.

What do I need, and what OS does it support?
    All you need is a forum board and a TeamSpeak 3 server running on a VPS (or other server) that you have at least FTP/SSH access to (in order to transfer and run the program). In terms of OS, TENS can run on any platform (Windows/Linux/Mac). Since it is a standalone app, TENS does not rely on TS API versions either (meaning it will never go out of date). You also don't need to fiddle with setting up a separate TeamSpeak client since everything is controlled via ServerQuery. Setting up the program is extremely easy, even for most novice users.

Future Features
    - Integration with Google Calendars
    - Dynamic TeamSpeak channel names/descriptions (e.g. a spacer channel called "Latest News: " that will change depending on what announcements are posted on your forums).
    - Plus any of your suggestions

When will it be released?
    TENS was originally designed for my own use within my community. However, I soon realised that many people may wish to use TENS for their own communities. I shall be working on the program during my spare time and release it when I think it is ready for public release.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JamieG193; January 12th, 2014 at 04:47 PM.

Sounds like a sweet idea!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting plugin.

I'm sure this would be useful way for communities to notify players instead of just relying on the forums and email.

Sounds quite useful indeed, will check it out.
    Though it probably should be moved to Tools for, y'know, it not being a plugin

Thread Information