Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Suggestion] Maximum virtual server disk size for file"hosting"

We all know TeamSpeak3 isn't for sharing files, but there still are people who think it is.
    We don't want to disable the function either, we want to limit how much disksize clients can use to share files.
    TeamSpeak3 isn't a file transfer protocol.
    And thus I want to introduce a maximum disk size a virtual server can use excluding the database information of course.
    Virtual servers would be limited to a maximum storage size set in the server properties.

The upload quota does not limit the maximum disksize used by a virtual server but only the monthly uploaded filetransfers.

You can always apply directory quotas to the files directory of any given virtual server. Yo why do you want to regulate something in the application what can be better done in the operation system.

As pointed out above and in several other threads, this won't be implemented as the operating system should already be capable of doing that in a much better way. Why reinvent the wheel...
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

[Suggestion] Quota settings for disk space per virtual server

Hello,

a new suggestion for the permission system is following: Quota settings for disk space per virtual server

Why? The most hosters are selling their disk space. Currently it's very complicated to setup a quota based on each virtual server, because they need to do one of the following solution:
    - mount a virtual drive like an empty file in each files/virtualserver_ID/ directory
    - create and symlink a LVM partition for and with each files/virtualserver_ID/ directory
    - use quotas by the "intelligence" of storage behind the host system

I think an easy and simple option for each virtualserver would help very much. For example like this: i_virtualserver_ft_disk_space

Means "integer value for maximum filetransfer disk space on virtualserver". Megabyte/Mebibyte should be the best size and with the value -1 or 0 you can say "unlimit disk space for filetransfers on this virtualserver".

I'm looking forward to your feedback!
    Last edited by dante696; December 18th, 2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: merged

I'll stick to the filesystems version... quota is and should be strictly OS business not application.

Mhmm, ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    I'll stick to the filesystems version... quota is and should be strictly OS business not application.
    Do you have a tuorial therefore?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebi94 View Post
    Mhmm, ok.

Do you have a tuorial therefore?
    Using the almighty powers of the google, you should be able to find solutions yourself pretty easily, it's not black magic really.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Limit virtual server space

It would be very nice if TeamSpeak included the feature to limit the file transfer space of a virtualserver. Not just upload and download quota, also to set a hardlimit.

Was discussed, but you should use your operating system's features to limit the space.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Was discussed, but you should use your operating system's features to limit the space.
    What he said ^
    We decided against reinventing the wheel here. If you need limits use the facilities your operating system provides. It should be much better at this kind of stuff than any third party software anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What he said ^
    We decided against reinventing the wheel here. If you need limits use the facilities your operating system provides. It should be much better at this kind of stuff than any third party software anyway.
    Then please give me a tutorial i cannot find one

Here is a Mighty and Powerfull how to :/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

if folder size >= {limit} disable upload

Quote Originally Posted by locamolitov View Post
    if folder size >= {limit} disable upload
    This is definitly not enough (or not the right way at all) to solve it.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Here is a Mighty and Powerfull how to :/
    Then you should now know how to set the folder limit. Explain it please, i dont get it

Thread Information