Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Microphone mutes when computer is locked

This feature has proven to help me out a lot in some situations however on my other computer, it just gets in my way. I have a Windows Tablet, installed teamspeak and I use it to steam music or any other audio to my private teamspeak server. HOWEVER, I have to keep it unlocked because it mutes the microphone when I lock it.

As a teamspeak user, I suggest you bring this option back in settings (I can't find it currently). Yes, I do understand that some people were complaining about it however, not every situation is the same.

Summary: Feature suggestion
    Suggestion: "Mute the microphone when the computer is locked" checkbox
    Default value for checkbox: Checked

I know people were too lazy to check it themselves, however, it makes no sense to get rid of the whole thing.

Thank you.

Streaming music is definitly no argument for us, why we should add such option for this feature.

We discussed that topic already, when this became a hardcoded feature in the client.

If you need to unlock, then please use that plugin
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/7...ghlight=unlock
    Last edited by dante696; February 24th, 2016 at 03:30 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I am too lazy to find a post where this was discussed.

So please would you kindly tell me, why did you guys think hardcoding this feature was a better solution than making that checkbox checked (or offset however it was) by default? what are the benefits of hardcoding this feature rather than changing that checkbox? Streaming audio was just an example and here's another one, how about I plug in my headset to my Windows Tablet, lock the screen, put it in my pocket, and speak to someone via teamspeak when I'm on the go. I just don't get how hardcoding makes sense.

A reason other than "we are the developers and we do what we want" is what I'm looking.

I know a lot of users probably asked this same thing. (Could it mean that they want that checkbox back?)

Maybe you can link me the thread where this is discussed.

Also, any chance a petition will make you guys reconsider? It's been like that since 2011, maybe time for a change?

Sure I can use that plugin, but still. If you guys wanna keep it hardcoded by all the costs, I give up, nothing I can do other than to suggest a feature.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kyuunex; February 25th, 2016 at 06:04 PM.

There is no thread. We discussed that before it was changed in client.
    User complaint that people still hear what they say, when they lock their PC. So we made it hardcoded to avoid more complaints.

How about I plug in my headset to my Windows Tablet, lock the screen, put it in my pocket, and speak to someone via teamspeak when I'm on the go.
    Grab an iOS or Android device and get the app then. These are made for mobile using in your pocket.
    The pc client isn't the ideal software when you are on the go and wasn't made for this.
    If you do not own a iOS / android device -> You are out of luck, but you still can use the plugin.

Locking a device means you are not near the device and don't want that any else does use the device.
    ----> No need for talking then. Because nobody is there who could talk.
    ---------> Also you are not there and only want to stream music (illegal in > 80% of all cases) and there are better ways if you only want to stream in-house (which isn't illegal as long it isn't public).
    The client is for conversations and not for music streams or bots or whatever the people use.

----> Locking a mobile device means you are not there and don't ant to use it or you on the go
    --------> No need for talking then. Because nobody is there who could talk.
    --------> We have a mobile client for such cases already.

Adding this as an option will not happen again after these years.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

OK, so it was hardcoded, rather than checked by default people would probably uncheck it and still complain about audio transmitting. OK

I understand what you mean when if the device is locked I am not there. (Lock the Tablet also means that I don't want it to register any touch input when it's in my pocket).

It's more like, I configured my tablet to transmit sound in TeamSpeak because I was too lazy to hook it up with a cable, so I would be able to watch videos/listen music on my tablet when I'm in game with my main computer (I don't have a second screen). It's fine. I'll just keep using that plugin then.

While I do have a cheap Android device, TeamSpeak is paid so it's NOT available in my country, Google play doesn't list it. While I wouldn't mind buying it if I could, I wouldn't pirate it. So that's that.

Thanks for clearing it up, I understand it now.

Thread Information