Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

NPL removal requirements

Good afternon. I currently host a TS3 NPL registered server for a small gaming group. The group has suffered a significant loss in playerbase and will no longer be using the server. Just need to know what I am required to do in regards to the NPL registration to avoid being blacklisted due to conflict with having the server connected to the internet 24/7 (ie if it's not going to get used on a daily basis I dont want to leave the computer running 24/7).

Please advise.

Johnny

If you registered the NPL for your private IP, then you will either need to keep the computer running or get a real server and host it there, however requiring you to reregister a new NPL.

Would it not be easier just to cancel the Registered NPL and run with a non-register 32 slot server?

i think you can just delete the licensekey.dat file from your server's installation-folder (make sure to reduce the number of slots to 32 or less and the number of instance to 1 and quit the ts3-server before doing this). this will turn the server into a non-registered server. And after some time your npl should expire on its own because it isn't used/renewed anymore.
    Last edited by cfxxl; July 23rd, 2013 at 04:17 PM.

Dont know what your file does, but the license is in the file "licensekey.dat".
    If you dont need it anymore, just let it expire. When the server is not online around the date, the license will not be renewed.
    Note: If you want later to have the NPL again, you have to apply for a new one.

sry, i meant the licensekey.dat

Thread Information