Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nwerensteijn View Post
    We only have a limited amount of developers, which we have to put to fixing bugs and creating awesome new features.
    Instead of always adding "awesome new features", you might want to consider adding direly needed features... like IPv6.
    I would greatly appreciate that...

Update

We've updated the server files to include the missing libraries, so it should be working now.
    There were no changes other than that the files are now included in the download.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterpl View Post
    [...] the new sha-3 encryption.
    SHA-3 is a (cryptographic) hash function, no encryption. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Steef View Post
    SHA-3 is a (cryptographic) hash function, no encryption. Big difference.
    yeah you have right.

What is this in my logs:

2013-07-29 19:26:27.138173|WARNING |Connection | | Resending packet missed arrival window
    2013-07-29 19:26:27.327002|WARNING |Connection | | Resending packet missed arrival window
    2013-07-29 19:26:30.486000|WARNING |Connection | | Resending packet missed arrival window
    Last edited by hunterpl; July 30th, 2013 at 05:52 AM.

This is no new warning.
    It could be a problem with one of your clients on the server. Maybe he had some packet loss.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Regarding the inclusion of libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1:

From a professional software management and support point of view, adding core system libraries from alien distributions is not the way to go. You included Ubuntu versions of two of the core system libraries, without any accompanying license by the way, and expect me to run them under my distribution (CentOS). That may work, but is certainly unsupported by both Ubuntu and CentOS - and you are not able to support such a hack as well. You may perhaps say so, but aren't.

On the other hand, you are still requiring the ancient libmysqlclient.so.15 for mysql support, which is the MySQL 5.0 client. MySQL 5.0 is end of life by Oracle and any extended support has ended. A server admin is either required to use an ancient Linux distribution that still ships with that version, or to manually grab a loose library from somewhere on the net. Both either not best available technology or unsupported by the vendor.

Please consider a more software maintenance and support friendly distribution of the teamspeak server. A required library has to exist in exactly one copy on a system, and it should be included in current distributions. It's not appropriate that every application ships with its own version of the core system libraries or the server admin grabs random libraries from the net.
    Last edited by dante696; July 31st, 2013 at 03:59 PM.

Code:
    07/31/2013 16:21:43 CEST      INFO      Query      query from 8 192.168.0.20:52974 issued: login with account "serveradmin"(serveradmin) 
    07/31/2013 16:21:45 CEST      INFO      Query      query from 9 192.168.0.20:52976 issued: login with account "serveradmin"(serveradmin) 
    07/31/2013 16:22:23 CEST      INFO      Query      query from 10 192.168.0.20:52988 issued: login with account "serveradmin"(serveradmin) 
    07/31/2013 16:22:23 CEST      INFO      Query      query from 11 192.168.0.20:52990 issued: login with account "serveradmin"(serveradmin) 
    These messages should be removed unless logquerycommands is enabled. Otherwise you'll spam the log when someone is working with external web applications.

Dear Teamspeak Team,

can I use this Server Version on my Teamspeak Server with more than 100 peoples? Or is this a 'production environment'? I will give my users the time to test the new server version. they all can update to client 3.0.11

Sorry, I'm on my iPad - thank you

PS: It wil be nice if you put in the first style pack. i have my own but other users will see the first gonnection, ID, etc

This new version does not work on my Centos 5.4 server.
    Starting the TeamSpeak 3 server
    TeamSpeak 3 server started, for details please view the log file
    ./ts3server_linux_x86: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by ./ts3server_linux_x86)
    ./ts3server_linux_x86: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by ./ts3server_linux_x86)
    libc.so.6 exists

glibc Version: 2.5
    Release: 107.el5_9.5

Quote Originally Posted by Zillarat View Post

libc.so.6 exists

I have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    From a professional software management and support point of view, adding core system libraries from alien distributions is not the way to go. You included Ubuntu versions of two of the core system libraries, without any accompanying license by the way, and expect me to run them under my distribution (CentOS). That may work, but is certainly unsupported by both Ubuntu and CentOS - and you are not able to support such a hack as well. You may perhaps say so, but aren't.
    While I understand your agrument, I have to say that issues like this are very common with proprietary software on an open source platform.

On the other hand, you are still requiring the ancient libmysqlclient.so.15 for mysql support, which is the MySQL 5.0 client. MySQL 5.0 is end of life by Oracle and any extended support has ended. A server admin is either required to use an ancient Linux distribution that still ships with that version, or to manually grab a loose library from somewhere on the net. Both either not best available technology or unsupported by the vendor.
    I fully agree with you on this. Anyway... the servers database functionality is already plugin based so I'm sure that it will (at some point) be possible to create own database adapters to support MSSQL or newer MySQL versions as soon as the dev team provides a server-side plugin SDK.

From a professional software management and support point of view, adding core system libraries from alien distributions is not the way to go.
    For reasons I will not discuss here, we had to upgrade to a newer gcc compiler. This had the unfortunate side effect of requiring a recent version of libstdc++ . We found that some distributions did not have the required symbols in their distribution.
    We were faced with 2 options.
    1. Staticly link to libstdc++. This might work fine for the server. But it would be bad for the ts3 client when it has plugins that also depend on libstdc++. Also it would just hide the fact that we use a different libstdc++, but is effectively the same as solution 2.
    2. Redistribute libstdc++ (and libgcc as it depends on it).

I totally agree that this situation is less than desirable. But I feel this choice is the least worst. Anyway, you are free to delete the 2 libraries, and see if your system has a recent enough version to support the server.

On the other hand, you are still requiring the ancient libmysqlclient.so.15 for mysql support, which is the MySQL 5.0 client.
    And see here our conundrum. We need a relatively new version of libstc++. We include it, because not everyone has it, and you have something to say about it. On the other hand, when we keep something backwards compatible, it is also not good. I understand what you are saying, and I agree this is not a good situation. But I am also saying it is hard to please everyone in this environment.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Code:
    07/31/2013 16:21:43 CEST      INFO      Query      query from 8 192.168.0.20:52974 issued: login with account "serveradmin"(serveradmin) 
    07/31/2013 16:21:45 CEST      INFO      Query      query from 9 192.168.0.20:52976 issued: login with account "serveradmin"(serveradmin) 
    07/31/2013 16:22:23 CEST      INFO      Query      query from 10 192.168.0.20:52988 issued: login with account "serveradmin"(serveradmin) 
    07/31/2013 16:22:23 CEST      INFO      Query      query from 11 192.168.0.20:52990 issued: login with account "serveradmin"(serveradmin) 
    These messages should be removed unless logquerycommands is enabled. Otherwise you'll spam the log when someone is working with external web applications.
    On the other hand, this will always leave a trail on who logged in. We think this is also *very* important. Quite a dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Zillarat View Post

libc.so.6 exists

We will fix this soon.
    UPDATE: fixed. New beta's available. Please let us know if it solved the libc problem
    Last edited by nwerensteijn; August 1st, 2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: update released

Quote Originally Posted by nwerensteijn View Post
    On the other hand, this will always leave a trail on who logged in. We think this is also *very* important. Quite a dilemma
    Well... I kinda disagree with that and I'll explain why. When a query client joins a virtual server, the following message was already logged in the virtual server logfile before (when virtualserver_log_query is enabled):

Code:
    08/01/2013 14:28:03 CEST    INFO    VirtualServer    query client connected 'serveradmin from 188.138.91.54:46003'(id:1)
    Basically, this message contains almost the same information as the new log entry. That's why I think the new entry is not really necessary. In addition, all other log entries related to user actions contain the DBID (we discussed this a few days ago) while the new message contains the UID which is inconsistent.

This new log entry would only be helpful for actions that are executed without selecting a virtual server first (such as creating, starting, stopping or deleting virtual servers). And the log messages for these events don't contain the invoker anyway... so when multiple query clients are logged in at the same time, you have no idea who's to blame.

I fully agree that logging of failed login attempts is pretty useful (that's why I suggested it to Simon), but logging a successful login every time in addition to the existing more flexible log entry does not make sense to me. Especially when it's logged even with virtualserver_log_query and logquerycommands disabled.

Just my two cents... no hard feelings. And I'll learn to live with the new log entry even when you decide to keep it in there.

Last edited by ScP; August 1st, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

Thread Information