Forum

Solved Can't set hotkey for TS overlay. 3.7.23

Hope this is the correct place.

When I click to set a hotkey to activate the overlay, the gray area comes up, I click the button to bind it and it show for a brief second the name for that key. Afterwards it doesn't show in the area where it should name the hotkey though.

TS version: 3.0.11 (29-07-2013 09:39:41)
    TSO version: 3.7.23

Same here. Win8 64, TS3 64 3.0.11, Overlay 3.7.23. The keys are shown in the gray field that pops up, but they are not set and don't work in game.

If you start the game as admin you also have to start TS as admin. (right click > run as admin | or right click > settings > compatibily > run as admin).

If you are using Windows 8 try to start admin in compatibily-mode with Windows 7 or XP (right click > settings > compatibily > ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    If you start the game as admin you also have to start TS as admin. (right click > run as admin | or right click > settings > compatibily > run as admin).

If you are using Windows 8 try to start admin in compatibily-mode with Windows 7 or XP (right click > settings > compatibily > ...)
    That didn't solve my problem for which I made this thread, but now TS Overlay actually shows up, which was the initial problem. Thanks.

Odd, worked first time right after I read your post, but now it doesn't.

It works fine just after I've started my computer. Perhaps something goes wrong if I don't start with doing it exact as you wrote.
    Last edited by haxfar; August 2nd, 2013 at 05:15 PM.

Hello,

same probleme here!

When I start TS there is a Warning: You dont seem to have the latest DirectX End-User Runtime installed.

The link in this warning is wrong: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s-a.aspx?id=35
    I used this one: http://www.microsoft.com/de-de/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

If I click at the OK-Button then there is another Important notice: Due to the latest ts3overlay update, your hotkey needs to be reconfigered.

First I updated the directx end-user runtime but the newest version said that I already use it.
    Then I tried to change the hotkey but it doesnt work.

Angry Same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by haxfar View Post
    Hope this is the correct place.

When I click to set a hotkey to activate the overlay, the gray area comes up, I click the button to bind it and it show for a brief second the name for that key. Afterwards it doesn't show in the area where it should name the hotkey though.

TS version: 3.0.11 (29-07-2013 09:39:41)
    This is the EXACT problem I am having....only the first time my TS crashed and generated the following dump which is attached to this post. I just joined a new guild so having the overlay would help allot anyone know how to fix this problem?

Angry TS3 overlay not working....

I hope this is the right eara (was debating here or addons support) for this and I hope someone can help me...

When I enable my overlay I get a popup telling me to "due to the latest ts3overlay update, your hotkey needs to be reconfigured. Please open the ts3overlayn plugin configuration page and set your hotkey in the imput tab" when I do this the gray area comes up, I click the button to bind it and it show for a brief second the name for that key. Afterwards it doesn't show in the area where it should name the hotkey though. And on top of that the client crashes with the following dump file (attached)

In order to trouble shoot the issue so far I have reinstalled the client and ran it both in out of admin mode and the game I use TS3 for (Starwars The Old Republic and EvE Online) both in and out of windowed mode and nothing will work soon as I set the hot key the above happens and the client crashes. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

TS version: 3.0.11 (29/07/2013 5:09:41 AM)

Sound Card: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z onboard (Realtec HD Chip) driver version 6.0.1.6699

DirectX Diag is also attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rakamy; August 2nd, 2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: added more relavent information

Question TeamSpeak3 Overlay Hotkey

I canīt set an Hotkey in Input!
    I have Administrator rights and i have already deinstalled and new installed.
    Sorry for bad Englisch iam German

You are not alone man i have the same problem -.- i hope they gonna fix it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakamy View Post
    I hope this is the right eara (was debating here or addons support) for this and I hope someone can help me...
    Your crashdump was reported already, but we have a question about that.
    It seems, that your client did crash, while the Realod All button was used.

To all users here
    A new beta client 3.0.11.1 will be relased later that day. It will have a fix for the hotkey.
    Follow Beta-TeamSpeak-3-Client-3-0-11-1-Hotfix to get the beta update.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I can report that I'm also affected by the overlay issue. I can't set my activation hotkey at all, and I get the pop-up warning me that it has not been set every time I start TeamSpeak. Overlay control doesn't work in games as a result. TeamSpeak 3.0.11 and overlay plugin 3.7.23 on Windows 8 Pro x64 here. Please release a fix soon because I use the overlay a lot and this has been really annoying.

Used the beta but problem is still existing! Tried on Windows 8.

Additionally:
    When I start TS there is a Warning: You dont seem to have the latest DirectX End-User Runtime installed.

The link in this warning is wrong: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s-a.aspx?id=35
    I used this one: http://www.microsoft.com/de-de/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

this probem still existing too.

Guys it's been fixed now in the latest update. Thank you devs!

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-11-1-released

Thread Information