Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

"Jail" or Detention server group/channel help.

I want to make a detention/"jail" server group or channel. The idea behind the server group would be to add the offender to it and then move them to a channel that they could not leave or have any permissions in.

If that is no longer possible a channel that keeps them stuck would work as well.

Any suggestions? I've seen the jail thread but it is in German and the teamspeak options look nothing like it anymore.

You can use the "b_client_is_sticky" permission on a channel or group that is assigned and if someone enters a channel where it was assigned they will have to disconnect and reconnect to get anywhere else. Alternatively if you assign it to the person via a server group etc they will be stuck in what ever channel they connect to.

You could also assign a group with negate on for join power, set to -999. This would effectively prevent them from joining any channels except the default channel.

Is that what you were looking for?

Look here... and search for Server-Group "Prison" bzw. Channel Group "Banned".
    Maybe what your were looking for.
    Note: "---" means permission is set, but unchecked.

TS3 Prison Channel

I am trying to create a "Prison" Channel on my TS3 Server. Basically I need a channel that would lock someone in once put there. So if i were to drag a player in they would be unable to speak or move even with regular member permissions. Does anyone know how to create one of these?

Sorry to burst anyones bubble about the sticky permission but it's movement restrictiveness can be bypassed even while it is set on them permanently. I'm not going to go into details because then people would easily know how to bypass some movement restrictions on servers relying on sticky. Just thought I would share that recent find. It's not a bug, its just not designed to replace join power restrictions.

However if you are in the middle of setting things up I would recommend you make your jail using a server group, either permanent or temporary that sets their join power to -999999 and set the skip and negate flags. Then move the person to the desired channel. If they reconnect at least they really will be stuck with no possibility to move at all by themselves.

I've tried this as well, and, in my case, I just made a Server Group, with any name I wanted, and removed all b_channel_join permissions, added 1000 needed talk power to the channel in question, and removed the groups permissions to send messages, poke clients, etc.
    But the group would not work, if the user was a member of any other groups.

For the group to work, I had to remove all of the users other groups, and only add him to the "prison" or "quarantine" group.

Hello,

you do not need to remove the clients from all other server groups, just use the "Negated" option on permissions you do not want to be overridden by other server groups ;-)

Is it possible to create the Prison Server group and have it automatically assigned to someone who is moved into a channel?

That is not possible.

However you can put sticky on a channel and anyone who enters will be stuck until they disconnect.

Thread Information