Forum

[Beta] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.11.1 Hotfix

Hello all,

we are getting user reports about the latest TeamSpeak 3.0.11 Client crashing on startup. Thanks to everyone who took the efforts to upload us crashdumps.
    The problem with this specific crash is, we cannot reproduce it on our own computers. Also it didn't appear to have happened to our beta testers, otherwise I'm sure we would have been told. So some other factor like input hardware (crash happens in the hotkey code) is required to trigger this specific crash. It appears the majority of users is not affected.

We have hopefully fixed the issue but are unable to verify the fix as the crash didn't happen on our own systems. So I'd very much appreciate if people who posted in our crash dumps thread take the chance to test the 3.0.11.1 hotfix preview.

You find the installers here: http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts...leases/client/

Why do we not just release a new beta client, you may ask now. Our update mirrors are currently extremely busy with the 3.0.11 update, late afternoon is a bad time for a new release. We will push this to beta channel soon in the morning, for the moment I want to offer you a chance to try the fix as soon as possible if you are affected.

Thanks again for taking your time to assist us with your reports.

If I cannot post in this section please delete this post.
    I just want to say that another thing helped me - I deleted the urls.dat file from %appdata%/TS3Client directory and everything works fine...

This version is now available in our beta channel. No further changes.

To update your TeamSpeak client on the beta channel, go to the TeamSpeak 3 Client installation folder and create a file "update.ini" with this content:
    Code:
    [Channel]
    beta=true

I used the installer from the first post here after having three crashes.

Is the assumption correct, that this installer did not push me into beta channel, and that I will return to stable channel after the next stable update is available?

Where and when should we provide feedback about the 3.0.11.1 hotfix? And do you like to get more details about input related stuff and USB devices, if the crashes are still happening?

Yes you are right, the client will always downgrade/upgrade to the latest stable client as long the beta channel was not activated in your update.ini.
    Post #3 does explain how to do that.

Please report chrashdumps here >>> Click me <<<
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information