Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[!Urgent Request!] Ability to hide my server address from client side users

Problem: Ddos "attacks" have been getting absurd among the Arma communities as of late.

My Solution: Create my own application that will automatically connect to my TS server without sharing server password or address and distribute to my users.

One thing that would make my method ineffective is that anyone joining my ts can see my server ip / address. Nothing is full proof, this I understand, but I would like to add my own layers of security.

Would it be possible to add a feature in the Server Control Panel to hide the server information?

Hello !

It doesn't make sense because smart people will use by cmd.exe "ping yourdomain.com" to get your IPv4 example: 0.0.0.0 or use function tracert or just see the logs clients, where the program connect them, you can't hide before to see the server address, your request is totally non-sense, the best solution for DDoS is purchase the dedication server where is connected to Hardware firewall with Load Balance etc, the Hardware Firewall is adapted for these attacks and this is psychically machine before your server, even someone will send from Botnet 3 GB/s packets UDP flood or Syn flood! your server dedication will not even feel that flow packets because the Hardware Firewall will filter unwanted packets, actually i use that kind of Hosting, where I'm really satisfied for their services.

Best Regards
    Mateusz

"by cmd.exe "ping yourdomain.com""
    That is my point, I want to keep the address from being known by anyone.

"your request is totally non-sense"
    It really isn't... if end users do not know the ip nor the domain how would they know what to ping?

"Hardware Firewall will filter unwanted packets"
    I am completely aware of what Firewall Hardware is and what it does.
    I am looking for a much simpler and honestly cheaper solution.

I have already created the application to launch TS directly to my server without anyone seeing the address or the password.
    The only thing I want is the ability to hide the server address that shows in the TS client.
    As I said, I know nothing is full proof, including firewalls, but I want to have my own layer.

Q:" That is my point, I want to keep the address from being known by anyone. "

A: You can't because the program such as Teamspeak 3 use the protocol IPv4 ( in the future IPv6 ), where the everyone connect to server via IPv4 or sub-domain, or domain is redirect to one static address IPv4, so if you wanna connect example to server voice.teamspeak.com - this is sub domain come from main domain teamspeak.com and the person which want to know IPv4, will just use "ping voice.teamspeak.com to see IPv4 so the IP is: 194.97.114.2

Q:
    " It really isn't... if end users do not know the ip nor the domain how would they know what to ping? "

A: So tell if they don't know the IP or domain or sub domain so how they connect to your server by what ?? To the temaspeak 3 servers you can connect via Domain like teamspeak.com or by sub-domain like voice.teamspeak.com or via IPv4 like 194.97.114.2 or in the future via IPv6 example: 2001:0db8:0000:0000:0000:0000:1428:57ab and for this such way connects is possible get the IPv4 because every function, example: like domain people created that thing for connect to the VPS or dedication to see example www - world wide web for "simple people" no ICT, no write the example IPv4: 190.93.251.170 on the web browser but just type www.teamspeak.com because it is simple!. People in the past connects only via IPv4, please see more in the Google and read about IPv4 , IPv6 Domain and sub-domain.

Q:
    " I am completely aware of what Firewall Hardware is and what it does.
    I am looking for a much simpler and honestly cheaper solution. "

A: So looking for what, for cheaper doesn't exist !!! if you looking for scripts like rules for IPTABLES, which is firewall software on every linux or looking for other script software, doesn't make sense because software is not adapted for filtering massive packets on your dedication server or VPS... every hosting will tell you about it and every person which have knowledge about Network!

Q:I have already created the application to launch TS directly to my server without anyone seeing the address or the password.
    The only thing I want is the ability to hide the server address that shows in the TS client.
    As I said, I know nothing is full proof, including firewalls, but I want to have my own layer.

A: Everyone would like know the address IPv4 or domain to your server and mostly of them will not accept way like download other software connect to the teamspeak server for no see the address IP, and one thing is on to do if they will accept, if they connect to the server, on the server logs is appear message:

<01:12:54> Trying to resolve hostname voice.teamspeak.com
    <01:12:54> Trying to connect to server on voice.teamspeak.com

and you are no hidden then, even your server address IP is hidden via client connection info or server connection info.

Best Regards
    Mateusz
    Last edited by hunterpl; August 2nd, 2013 at 01:35 AM.

Thread Information