Forum

[Resolved]FIle Transfers and Avatars on Linux Server.

Hi,

I am posting this in this section as I run a server on linux. I feel this maybe some sort of network issue with port forwarding however I am not sure at this point. Here is the issue I am having. Anyone connected to my server can not upload an avatar or download mine to view. The issue is not with connecting to the server as users can connect and both speak and hear other users.

Things I have tried in order to resolve these issues.

change the ports in the ini file. I have set them to randon ports. anything from 311 to 1001 429 11111 30033 30030 and others. All are closed to the external world.

I have binded my server to 0.0.0.0 and my internal ip address of the machine. under no circum stances will it let me bind to my external wan ip address. it ALWAYS FAILS

I have tried installing a server inside a VM of XP. same results with port fowarding scans.

I have tried installing on bare iron running windows 7. same results as well.

I have since gone back to my linux server. ip tables is wide open so no issues there. on the internal network I can nmap the ports of the machines and the ports are open. how ever if i nmap from an external machine the ports no matter what they are set to are always closed.

again no issues with people connecting to the server. just issues using file transfers and avatars.

I have been over my router many times. Currently I am using a Mikrotik RB2011. I use these in production environments in over 30 different locations not a single one has failed port fowarding. I am confident in my ability to forward ports to correct locations. With that said. this is really hurting my skull as something somewhere is missing.

With that said i am hoping someone somewhere on these forums have encounterd similar issues. It appears from most threads i have seen the problems most people have is simple forward rules and no one can connect to their server at all. or sadly they were giving people an internal address to connect to instead of the external address.

I am sure some config files would be helpful. Just let me know which ones you would like to see and ill make sure they are posted.

Thanks for taking the time to read this plea for help.

ts3server.ini
    machine_id=
    default_voice_port=9987
    voice_ip=0.0.0.0
    liscensepath=
    filetransfer_port=30033
    filetransfer_ip=0.0.0.0
    query_port=10011
    query_ip=0.0.0.0
    dbplugin=ts3db_mysql
    dbpluginparameter=ts3db_mysql.ini
    dbsqlpath=sql/
    dbsqlcreatepath=create_mysql/
    logpath=logs
    logquerycommands=0

Rules for the router.

17 ;;; TeamSpeak Voice Port
    chain=dstnat action=dst-nat to-addresses=192.168.88.247 to-ports=9987 protocol=udp in-interface=ether1-gateway dst-port=9987

18 ;;; TeamSpeak File Transfers
    chain=dstnat action=dst-nat to-addresses=192.168.88.247 to-ports=30033 protocol=tcp in-interface=ether1-gateway dst-port=30033

19 ;;; TeamSpeak ServerQuery
    chain=dstnat action=dst-nat to-addresses=192.168.88.247 to-ports=10011 protocol=tcp in-interface=ether1-gateway dst-port=10011

20 ;;; TeamSpeak Weblist
    chain=dstnat action=dst-nat to-addresses=192.168.88.247 to-ports=2010 protocol=udp in-interface=ether1-gateway dst-port=2010

21 ;;; TeamSpeak DNS
    chain=dstnat action=dst-nat to-addresses=192.168.88.247 to-ports=41144 protocol=tcp in-interface=ether1-gateway dst-port=41144

It is possible for me to bind to the 192.168.88.247 however it still yields the same results.

{Resolved}
    It appears that there was a rule higher in the nat chain that was missing a dst-port so it would close all rules below it. Very interesting indeed. I am suprised this thread had over 90 views and not one reply. not even a hey did you make sure you have permissions set or anything.
    Last edited by Digital420; August 6th, 2013 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Resolvedd

Thread Information