Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Ports forwarded but unable to connect?

Hi everyone, I've tried to solve this problem without bothering you guys, but I've had no luck. I've set up my server on an old PC I had lying around. It's also being used to host a minecraft server on a different port. I've opened the required ports 9987, 10011 and 30033 in my netgear router, but i'm unable to connect to the server. Can anyone see what I'm not seeing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mr3myhGnaj1rkcwtbo2_1280.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	8775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mr3myhGnaj1rkcwtbo1_1280.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	8776  

As an aside, I've been checking what ports can be seen on http://www.canyouseeme.org/ (and also on the command prompt with the Telnet client) and only the minecraft port (25565) seems to be visible. I'm not quite sure why that port is forwarding correctly but none of the others are...

I don't know your router. Where do you specify wether udp or tcp port should be forwarded? 9987 is a udp port.

I tried both TCP/UDP and UDP alone, and neither work.

I've noticed that trying to connect through the Telnet client to any port other than my minecraft port (25565) fails. All the settings on all open ports are identical, I can't figure out why only that one port is being opened...

Also most soho routers don't like it if the outer ip is used from the inside. As I stated above I don't know your router. So if you really want to check if the port forwaring is working you need to access it from the internet and not from your lan. From inside your lan you should only use 192.168.1.3!

I've checked if the ports are open at work and also with canyouseeme.org for some reason only the 25565 port is being opened. I've tried both TCP/UDP and UDP only settings and no change.

My router is a Netgear WTGR4300

I am having the same issue with a Netgear Router, i set up all the port forwards according to portfoward.com on my R6300 and it always says my ports are "Timed-Out" and unable to connect to my TS3 server.

Thread Information