Forum


Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    September 2011
    Posts
    5

    Can not connect to server after updating client to 3.0.11

    Server v3.0.7.2 on Win7 64.
    Client v3.0.11 on Win7 64.
    Android client v37 (I know this is not the Android forum but this makes a difference)

    This is a bit complicated to explain so I will do my best.

    I am a long time user of TeamSpeak and run my own server. This is a server that has been working fine for years.
    A week or so ago when the Android client was updated to v36.1 I noticed I was not able to connect to my server. "ERROR_failed_connection_initalisation"
    To add another layer, I use a private VPN service (both Windows and Android) and my past experience has told me that the first thing to do is disable the VPN and try again.
    Sure enough, that fixed the issue so I chalked the problem up to something going on with my VPN and would fight that battle at a later date.

    Forward to this week when the Windows client was updated to v3.0.11. After updating I am having the same exact problem where I cannot connect to my server. "Failed to connect to server"
    If I disable the VPN then I connect fine. To further my testing I downgraded the client back to v3.0.10.1 and everything works fine again with the VPN enabled.
    I'd like to back rev the Android client just to see if it will work reliably again but don't know where to find the install .apk for older revisions.

    Further testing on my side has shown that I actually can make a connection to the server about 1 out of 20 attempts.
    This goes for both the Android and Win Client when running the most current version of the clients (Android 37, Win 3.0.11) with the VPN enabled.
    To test to see if this is a DNS issue I changed the clients to use the static IP of my modem, that did not change the issue.
    And this problem is the same no matter what type of internet connection I use or what side of the router I am on.

    Now I fully understand that the VPN connection is almost certainly contributing to this problem but it also seems clear to me something has changed on the client side that exaggerates the problem. I suspect some type of timing issue.

    I can provide any TS logs and even Wireshark traces if a dev would like to take a look at what's going on under the hood.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    June 2012
    Posts
    2

    Same issue

    I have the same issue there is another thread where you can copy and paste the error log from your documents.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    65
    Maybe if you go to Network Connections and click on Advanced from top and change your VPN adapter to first then you can connect again, not sure though. Restart PC after changing it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Random.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	8751

  4. #4
    Join Date
    September 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by srsuth View Post
    I have the same issue there is another thread where you can copy and paste the error log from your documents.

    Can you please provide a link to the thread.

    EDIT...
    Nevermind. I found your post. Your issue is different than mine. My client is not crashing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    September 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by AbMaster View Post
    Maybe if you go to Network Connections and click on Advanced from top and change your VPN adapter to first then you can connect again, not sure though. Restart PC after changing it.
    Thanks. I took a look and the VPN connection is already set as #1 priority.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    September 2011
    Posts
    5
    I'm bumping this thread as for it's still an ongoing issue.
    Really hoping one of the Dev's will take a look at this issue and provide some feedback.
    I'm convinced this is some type of timing issue that was introduced with the lasted rev of TS3. And based off my testing likely the same thing happening with the latest Android based client.

    I have gathered four Client logs showing the events with and without a successful connection. Using both the most recent client version and one revision back.


    3.0.10.1_With_VPN_Successful_Connect.txt - Older TS3 client that does not have any problem making a connection every time with the VPN enabled.

    3.0.11_No_VPN_Successful_Connect.txt - Most recent TS3 client with successful connection when VPN is not enabled.

    3.0.11_With_VPN_Fail_To_Connect.txt - Most recent TS3 client failing to make connection when the VPN is enabled.

    3.0.11_With_VPN_Successful_Connect.txt - Most recent TS3 client making a successful connection with VPN enabled. Note that it took about 20 attempts before it finally connected. With each attempt TS3 was completely shutdown and restarted.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Updating Teamspeak Client on VPS
    By Tony$ in forum Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 25th, 2015, 03:31 PM
  2. Client MetaData not updating before server connection
    By snoapps in forum General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2015, 11:08 PM
  3. image URLs not updating on client
    By metalman193 in forum Client Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 27th, 2014, 12:57 PM
  4. Can not connect to Server after updating
    By Goober in forum Windows
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 14th, 2013, 11:03 AM
  5. [Resolved] Cache not updating on client
    By sTimulated in forum Bug Reports [EN/DE]
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •