Forum

[Suggestion] Split Screen for chat

Hey there,

i think it would be very useful to have a parallel chat window, so you can follow both the server chat and the chat in your current channel or a textchat with another client. Best would be an adjustable chat window, so everyone can set it for his/her needs.

I used the search function, but didn't find anything on that topic, so hopefully this isn't a double thread.

Greetings
    Istalantar

Nice that they applied it...

It's only at the bottom of the window, now let's see if we can have them let us move it around like in mumble. I'd rather have it on the side instead of under. Leaves more space for the long lists of members in a channel.

Thanks in advance TS

I'm pretty sure the OP meant the ability to split and re-arrange chat tabs so you can follow multiple discussions simultaneously without having to switch between tabs which still isn't possible out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinregis View Post
    Nice that they applied it...

It's only at the bottom of the window, now let's see if we can have them let us move it around like in mumble. I'd rather have it on the side instead of under. Leaves more space for the long lists of members in a channel.

Thanks in advance TS
    This is already a thing: https://github.com/svenpaulsen/ts3cl...ases/tag/1.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Istalantar View Post
    Hey there,

i think it would be very useful to have a parallel chat window, so you can follow both the server chat and the chat in your current channel or a textchat with another client. Best would be an adjustable chat window, so everyone can set it for his/her needs.

I used the search function, but didn't find anything on that topic, so hopefully this isn't a double thread.

Greetings
    Istalantar
    Maybe the plugin i suggested above or https://github.com/Luch00/LxBTSC or a combination of you is what you want. I'm not 100% sure but with the dockwidgets plugin you should be able to pop out one chat and still see the others

@Bluscream: Thank you for suggesting those plugins, but unfortunatelly none of those makes it possible to move a seperate chat tab. Actually I kind of forgot about my suggestion anyway

I thought it would be great to create a parallel chat and at the same time you're chatting with a user you can open the chat server

Thread Information