Forum

[REQUEST] Private chat log serverplugin

Hi,
    I have a problem with my TeamSpeak 3 game server. There are a lot of people who connect to my server and they advertise their servers. I can't ban they because I dont't have any evidence.
    I want to install a plugin to my server which can log all private chat between people.
    Can anybody suggest me a plugin like this please?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Logging of private chats is a bad thing and will never happen.

Another very responsible reply each time when a word 'logging' occurs. According to messages wrote by ts servants, support and team and so far and so on, you're giving many features, but when it comes to control them, you're saying all the time "turn it off if it bothers you". Again, very responsible, just a lack of consistency from your side, because there are many ts3 server owners who're willing to make these features available but they can't. Following this line of thought we should block everything just in case, cause we can't check for which activities e.g. private msgs are used for. You're wrong if you all think, that everyone just want to spy their users for fun.
    Last edited by Firenz; August 18th, 2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Firenz View Post
    Another very responsible reply each time when a word 'logging' occurs. According to messages wrote by ts servants, support and team and so far and so on, you're giving many features, but when it comes to control them, you're saying all the time "turn it off if it bothers you". Again, very responsible, just a lack of consistency from your side, because there are many ts3 server owners who're willing to make these features available but they can't. Following this line of thought we should block everything just in case, cause we can't check for which activities e.g. private msgs are used for. You're wrong if you all think, that everyone just want to spy their users for fun.
    I understand the meaning of the initial request, but adding a new logging feature is not the right way to resolve the issue. Instead, just remove the permission to send private messages from the guest group.

The only reason for my quick response above is that I think logging of private conversations is a bad thing as it violates the privacy of your users. I would never willingly connect to a server where my private conversations are logged or recorded by admins in any way. It's not called TeamSpy...

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    I understand the meaning of the initial request, but adding a new logging feature is not the right way to resolve the issue. Instead, just remove the permission to send private messages from the guest group.

The only reason for my quick response above is that I think logging of private conversations is a bad thing as it violates the privacy of your users. I would never willingly connect to a server where my private conversations are logged or recorded by admins in any way. It's not called TeamSpy...
    I also understand this point of view, but no one on this board, is trying at least to talk seriously about this issue, because saying "no, because no" isn't a solution. The easiest solution in my opinion, I'm not of course crying but again, the easiest way is to make a tool to eavesdrop/logging chats and each connected user has a message or in virtual server info that he/she could/couldn't be spied. That would give you an option to choose if you want to stay on a certain server or not and could boost population of servers which isn't willing to do so and decrease population of servers which are doing it and that could be used in server browser. If users of certain server that allows spying are still sitting there, for example on clan/guild/etc that's because they do not have to be afraid of. If someone has a VPS or dedicated server, a sysoperator will finally find a way to dump the communication. Referring to creator of this topic, it is hard or almost impossible to check if someone really did something wrong.

Plugins are client-side, so I don't see what serious talk is supposed to happen in this sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Plugins are client-side, so I don't see what serious talk is supposed to happen in this sub-forum.
    You're right. I'm still hoping for server-side plugins tho.

Thanks for the replies. I'm sad to see that there is no plugin for this problem. But if there any method to do this I'm open to any suggestions/ideas.

Thread Information