Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Reset permission or server admin

Hi guys,
    i have a very big problem.
    I backupped my ts server folder, and i copy it in a new dedicated server machine, with new ip.

I have launched the server and it's works. But i'm not admin (because i have restored my pc).
    I can't use the priviledge key, because the menu it's blocked (i disabled it when i was admin).
    I'm not able to use the serveradmin account, because when i login, i'm not admin (server is not with password).

The only thing that i have, is the ts server folder and the various files. How can i reset permission (to be able to use priviledge key) or server admin account?

Guess that's what you are looking for: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...word-Look-here!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Istalantar View Post
    Guess that's what you are looking for: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...word-Look-here!

I try.. thanks!!

As far as I can tell you still have your serveradmin password, but do not know how to use it to regain permissions. Please download a telnet client (eg. Putty) and connect to the query interface (select telnet, default port is 10011). Now please execute the following commands - anything written in CAPITALs needs to be replaced:

Code:
    login serveradmin PASSWORD
    use port=VOICE_PORT_OF_SERVER (probably 9987)
    clientlist
    Now you should get a list of all clients connected to the server. An entry might look like this:
    clid=3 cid=65 client_database_id=30746 client_nickname=Testclient client_type=0
    Remember your client database ID (cldbid) and execute the next command:

Code:
    servergrouplist
    The output should include a line like this:
    sgid=6 name=Server\sAdmin type=1 iconid=300 savedb=1 sortid=0 namemode=2 n_modifyp=100 n_member_addp=100 n_member_removep=100

Please remember the Server group ID (sgid) - which is 6 in the example above. Make sure the "type" of the server admin group is 1! If it is something else please keep looking for the correct group.
    Now please execute:

Code:
    servergroupaddclient sgid=SERVER_GROUP_ID cldbid=CLIENT_DATABASE_ID
    quit

I tried.. but when i logon with the serveradmin credentials written in the priviledgekey guide.txt, i couldn't be able to do the login.
    Putty gave me an error (probably password is wrong..). And in the latest test the program it closed automatically after i have done the login.. (flood ban?)

A guide.txt usually is to explain something, there should no valid password be inside.
    The password for server query admin should have been displayed when you started the server for the first time. When you don't have the password anymore follow the guide from my first post.

Works!!!!!! Thank you so much.
    I have followed your guide to reset the password, and then the matthias's instructions to set my self as server admin!

Thread Information