Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Suggestion] Privilege key listing granularity.

Just like permissions can set it so people can list only their bans, or only their temporary server passwords etc. Well can you add a permission to manage own privilege keys? I would like to give some of my admins the ability to see privilege keys, but like I do for bans and temp passwords I would only like them to be able to see keys they, themselves, created. It just makes sense.

Only those keys should be displayed, where you can assign the group granted.
    So whats the point to let SA see only own keys, if they can create another one i. e. for the same group as an existing one?

Because I have a large server. Even my admins cannot assign channel groups in other peoples sections because they have no admin rank giving them add or remove power in those sections. So even though they have enough add and remove power in my section, if they go into the privilege keys area they can see all the codes for areas they are not supposed to have, plus if I let them create a key I cannot let them list keys for the same issue so now they cannot track/delete their own keys because I only have the choice of letting them not see any keys or letting them see all keys. They are two bad choices.

Right now, my admins can only create tokens for sections they have the power to add and remove in. That is great, but ultimately useless if they cannot go and see the list. I cannot let them see keys for other people's sections because it would completely void the security I demand for my members. So, due to the fact that they technically can see keys they shouldn't have just because on paper they (right now residing in my section) have enough add power, the easiest way to solve that is to add a permission that will let them list only their keys. That way they will be able to see any keys they have been successfully able to make.
    Last edited by Morthawt; August 24th, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Thread Information