Forum

Password recovery

I have forgotten my password for my ts3 server and do not know how to retrieve it. When I bring up the ts3 client I am unable to connect to the server. I have tried entering a new password in the ts3 client but that does not work. Where and how do I enter a new password so I can connect from my other computers? Does this have to be in the ts3 server, or in the ts3 client, or both? Do I need to uninstall the ts3 server and reinstall it? Tried to do a search in the forums but was unable to use the search window. I am using windows 7 64 bit Home Premimum.

Ragman
    Last edited by Richard Gavitt; August 22nd, 2013 at 02:47 AM.

Server Admin usually has the permission ignore server password set. When you are online as server admin you can change the server password

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

password recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Istalantar View Post
    Server Admin usually has the permission ignore server password set. When you are online as server admin you can change the server password

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4
    I apologize for being so dense, but I went online and to permissions, in the dropdown there 9 choices, server group, client permissions, channel permissions, channel groups, channel client permissions, channel groups of client, list all clients, privilege keys, and use privilege key. I have looked at all of the choices, but do not understand how to apply any of them to be able to change the server password. Would it be possible to have a breakdown on the steps I need to follow to change the password.

Thanks
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gavitt View Post
    I apologize for being so dense, but I went online and to permissions, in the dropdown there 9 choices ...
    I have looked at all of the choices, but do not understand how to apply any of them to be able to change the server password.
    For changing the server password:
    right-click on the server name, at the top of the channel tree --> Edit Server --> In the first tab, you'll see the server password field.

For anyone that is having the same problem here are the steps I finally figured out. Sorry Istalantar for being so dense.
    1. Start the ts3 server.
    2. Start the ts3 Client.
    3. Click on Bookmarks
    4. Click on the server name, you should be able to connect at this point.
    5. In the window where all of the rooms are right click on the server name. Should be the first one in the list.
    6. This will bring up a window where you can click on "Edit Virtual Server"
    7. Here is where you can change the Password.
    8. Be sure you go back into the ts3 Client and change the password there also, and on any computer you want to connect with.

Hope this is helpful, I experimented on my wife's computer to be sure it worked. Don't forget to write the password down somewhere.

Richard

Thread Information