Forum

Question [Suggestion] Developer license for TeamSpeak 3 server

Hello community,

there are much developers, who are working on their addons for TeamSpeak. Some or better all addons must/should be tested with a TeamSpeak server/client.

My suggestion is, if it is possible to create a new license, which is just available for developers? Or better said: It is possible to create a license, which don't make sense to use it for voice transfers? See the following example specifications:
    • Maximal instances: 2
    • Maximal virtual servers: 2
    • Maximal clients for the instance: 8 (Clients + ServerQueries)
    • Maximal online clients on each virtual server: 2
    • Maximal online ServerQueries on each virtual server: 2
    • "Licensed to" could be for example like the addon name or just "Example Company"
    • Maybe it's also possible to block the voice transfer...?

Explaination:
    • Some tests needs two clients - for example banning somebody - and the most tests needs just one client - for example to check, if the text-message was sent successfull
    • Why a maximum of 2 virtual servers? One "default"; one for creating a test-server
    • Why a maximum of 2 online clients on each virtual server? To restrict the connections. It should be test-server and not a license to use it as normal TeamSpeak server - therefore is the Non-Profit license for example
    • Why the maximum of 2 ServerQueries on each virtual server? If one connection fails, the ServerQuery is maybe still logged in a few seconds/minutes. At this time the new ServerQuery can't login...
    • Why "Licensed to"? Some developers - like me - want to show this information the user

That would be a very nice and awesome idea for developers to test their addons. The deveolopers also don't need to be angry of killing their main TeamSpeak server, because they could create a new virtual machine or something else for the tests, where they can run their tests...

I have currently three servers, to test my product (TS3 WebApp), before I publish it. The problem is just, that I have to use my productive TeamSpeak server with the Non-Profit license... That's not a good idea and solution, because if I have coded something wrong, it could delete anything or all...

Well... Maybe you understand my problem and can help me.
    Last edited by Sebi94; February 13th, 2016 at 01:34 AM. Reason: 2016-02-13: added max. instances of 2

You could also use the normal teamspeak 3 server on your PC, should be sufficient enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fspower View Post
    You could also use the normal teamspeak 3 server on your PC, should be sufficient enough.
    Without a license, you can just create and use one virtual server with a maximum of 32 slots.

That does not help... I need more virtual servers to test the functions like "create a new virtual server" or "delete one virtual server"...

And: If you are using the same license, which is running somewhere else, your server will shut down, because the license is still in use.

It would be greate if its possible to create a license like this, just exactly that what i've searched. I am coding an Managementbackend for my Company, and for my testenvoirement a developer license will be very helpfully to achieve this target. After i'am finished, i plan to get an ATHP License.

(Sorry for grab out on old Post)

I'm really sorry for grabbing out this old topic which is from 30-08-2013, but I'm still waiting for any kind of feedback of the TeamSpeak staff.

You can create as many servers as you want with any license. The licnese just limits running servers. If there was any developer license, I would say 3 virtual servers make more sense for loops and for stuff that needs to start servers in the background (autopermadd).

I use my NPL for testing. I never did anything bad with that, just crashed it three times by finding significant crash bugs.
    Yes, I'm asking for donations for YaTQA although I'm using the NPL, but there is no alternative. I stopped using TS for support when I started asking for donations.

I however understand that the current NPL terms cannot be met by many developers. I do not have a clan website. And the current NPL licenses with only 2 servers are a problem as well.
    Last edited by numma_cway; February 13th, 2016 at 12:40 PM.

first, i am sorry for the bump..

i think TeamSpeak can add a sub menu in "Help" in the application to show that the server is developmental purpose only
    or probably adding some bar above the server tabs. just like WHMCS's method.

Any news regarding this suggestion? Or should we rather try it via [email protected]?

Thread Information