Forum

Make it so people in a Server Group can only edit certain channels?

My Teamspeak has different communties in it, and I'd like for example people in a "Community#1" group to edit channels that belong to their community, and no one else be able to edit them? People who can edit Communty#1 channels shouldn't be able to edit "Community#2" channels and so on. Moderators should be only able to edit their own community's channels. Does this make sense? If it does, is it possible?

It is possible. You will need to use channel groups instead of server groups though. Just set a i_channel_needed_modify_power and i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power on the channels and grant the channel groups i_channel_modify_power and i_channel_permission_modify_power. As channel group permissions are restricted to the channels in which are you assigned to the channel groups, they would not be able to edit each others channels.

Thank you, I'll try this.

In my opinion, Channel Groups are the best way to control access to things. I only use Server Groups for such things as highly trusted admins who need kick/ban/msg etc and also for status groups like games someone plays. Also if a particular feature such as the whisper system needs to be enabled for someone. Other than that, all access, modification, group add/remove etc is done by Channel Groups on my server.

Thread Information