Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Backup and restore

Hi all, I read on another post to backup and restore you just take the sqllite file in the TS3 server root, I did this, but now when I replace the fresh install of TS3 with my old sqllite, the server just crashes, and I had a LOT of channels, I have the ENTIRE TS3 SERVER folder backed up, so can someone please help me restore? I tried just uploading the files to the VPS, but it didn't work, so can someone please help me?

EDIT: I found this in my log:

|VirtualSvrMgr | | loading VirtualServer(1) failed to start, error: max slot limit reached
    Last edited by black123; September 7th, 2013 at 05:27 AM.

Your original server probably has more than 32 slots and your new server has no license installed, so the slot limit on that server is 32. You have to reduce the slots to 32 on the virtual server before trying to start it.

Restoring the sqlite file is sufficient to restore all the channel data, but your icons and avatar images will be missing, as well as uploaded channel files. These files are stored directly in the filesystem, and if you want to transfer them to the new server as well, you have to restore the server folder as well. The avatar files are saved in the files/virtualserver_?/internal folder, uploaded icons in files/virtualserver_?/internal/icons, and uploaded channel files in files/virtualserver_?/channel_?.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    Your original server probably has more than 32 slots and your new server has no license installed, so the slot limit on that server is 32. You have to reduce the slots to 32 on the virtual server before trying to start it.

Restoring the sqlite file is sufficient to restore all the channel data, but your icons and avatar images will be missing, as well as uploaded channel files. These files are stored directly in the filesystem, and if you want to transfer them to the new server as well, you have to restore the server folder as well. The avatar files are saved in the files/virtualserver_?/internal folder, uploaded icons in files/virtualserver_?/internal/icons, and uploaded channel files in files/virtualserver_?/channel_?.

I edited the SQL file in sqlliteman and reduced the slots to 32, and it works fine, thanks! =]

Thread Information