Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

assigning server groups

as the server admin i cant assign server groups to people or myself. I have 3 more server admins and the can assign groups without a problem. can anybody steer me in the right direction?
    thanks

Hello,

please right click on yourself -> Permissions -> Permission Overview. Now type "Group Member" into the filter and check if your Group Member Add Power is overridden by anything.

Also while you are checking, check your client permission modify power along with yours and everyone elses needed client permission modify power. These two permissions control permission assigning on people and server group assigning and revoking.

ok i have checked both these permissions, but they are still grayed out when i try to change them for myself or anyone else. cheers for the quick reply

Could you quote the error code please? It will tell you which permission you are missing.

It will most probably be your "Group Member Add Power". As other server admins can assign groups to other clients, please check that it is not overridden by your Client Permissions etc.
    Right click on yourself, Permissions, Client Permissions, type "Group Member" into the filter and see if it is greyed out - if not, delete any permission which is set in there.
    Also, please make sure that in your server admin group the permission b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions is set. Otherwise if you are in a channel group with Group Member Add Power (like Channel Admin), it will lower your permissions and might cause you not to be able to assign any server groups anymore.

Solved, in my client permissions, group, modify. i disabled "group member add power" and "group member remove power". It fixed the problem. I thought they would have to be on?

thanks for your help guys, really helped me out

-Heagle

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved.

They do not have to be enabled. If you enable them, they will override your server group permissions (which is not necessarily a bad thing). I guess in your client permissions you added a Group Member Add Power of something like 50, which would mean you swap your 75 Group Member Add Power from the server admin group for 50 Group Member Add Power of the client permissions.

Overriding permissions can be really useful to restrict clients in their permissions, e.g. you could take away somebodies permission to join channels, send messages etc.

Thread Information