Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Can't use or set windows key as push to talk (3.0.12)

Since the last update to version 3.0.12 the left windows key is no longer working as a push to talk button.

I am unable to test the right windows key as I don't have one on my keyboard.

The windows key used to work fine before this update with the windows start menu being disabled with the instructions at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216893

Using: Windows 7 Professional
    Last edited by CBoland; September 10th, 2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added version of windows I am using

I can't reproduce it here. The client replys "Linke Windows" for the left windows key.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

3.012: capslock not availlable for PTT

Hi, I disabled my capslock-key via "capslock goodbye"-tool and used it pre 3.012 as hotkey for PTT. since Update the key is no longer recognized.

To go into further detail, if you set a "PTT" key before you connect to a server, TS3 will recognize all your keyboard. If you connect to a server and then try to set a "PTT" key then your whole keyboard can't be recognized. In both instances your PTT key won't work if it is linked to the Keyboard. I can use the buttons on my mouse to make it a "PTT" key.

To further complicate matters, in text windows you can type whatever you want..... only in the Settings>Options>Capture menu is your keyboard locked. Literally all keys are locked. Obviously it is not a keyboard issue. Someone messed up the coding on the Capture menu.

After updating Teamspeak to 3.0.12, my hotkey no longer works. I normally use `
    Is there a way to get the old version back?

Veb, try setting a new hot-key on your keyboard.... Can you?

I can reproduce the problem with Windows Key as hotkey.
    The hotkey won't work, when "default" is set in your hotkeys. This hotkey does not work in older and newer clients.

Have to talk to a developer about that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vebev View Post
    After updating Teamspeak to 3.0.12, my hotkey no longer works. I normally use `
    Is there a way to get the old version back?
    What keys do you use?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I want to confirm the same issue as most of the users in this thread are having. Been using caps-lock for a long while in TS and since the update (exactly after), it no longer allows me to use it. Trying to "re-capture" caps-lock under settings will not work either as TS will not even recognize it as a button (Nothing happens).

At first I thought my keyboard was faulty but it works everywhere else - I really hope there will be a solution to this or a hotfix since I think a lot of people do use and prefer using caps-lock.

Take care

Most people prefer using their keyboard for PTT in general

I would also like to add to this as my ts3 wont hotkey on my 3dpro anymore.. the 9-12 keys are not recognized. The 12 key happens to be the only one i can use for my ptt. Again, is there anyway to roll back to the previous version, or fix this issue?

I have the same issue.
    In fact, I can't use any Keyboard-keys for push-to-talk.

Updated TS3 (64bit) to 3.0.12 today. Before it worked fine.
    I run it as administrator and my OS is Windows 7 64 bit

A quick solution would be appreciated very much .

Registered to confirm, W7-64 too.

My left windows key has been disabled for a long while through a small windows registry script (nothing more annoying that the start menu popping up in the middle of a game when you misplace a finger for a second); and I had found out that TS3 was still taking the key into account for PTT, which has been incredibly handful (all other PTT keys may have some undesirable side effect sooner or later).

Of course you could say that it's a feature rather than a bug (after all, if windows can't see the key, why should TS3 ?) but it's always been a pretty awesome side effect of disabling a key, so I (and apparently many other users) would be really sad to see it go.

Thanks for looking into it anyway.

PS : Okay, so after doing some reading in the changelog, it's still possible to get the old functionality back by making the shortcut "Direct input" rather than "Default" (under Settings -> Options -> Hotkeys). Still, the changelog says that it's "not recommended" and that direct input may vanish at a later update.

Sooo... not a bug then. Sorry for posting here, it's more of a "request for future updates". But please, don't remove it guys !
    Last edited by Dr_Fred; September 11th, 2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: I like to add details and stuff, m'kay ?

I think I fixed it for me.
    It wasn't possible to set the hotkey in the capture-menu but when I clicked on "set more hotkeys" right next to the set hotkey button in the capture menu I was able to set ALT as my push to talk button. YAY!

I don't know why it worked this way, but it did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	additional hotkeys.jpg 
Views:	999 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	9138
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	assign hotkey.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	9139

Edit: Just realized that this is basically the same Dr_Fred said...
    And yes, please don't remove the direct input.
    Last edited by DasProjektil; September 11th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.

I use the ` (accent-grave, above the tab key on US keyboard).

I'll re-install 3.0.12 and try resetting the PTT key (after I finish this raid).

Can a Developer team member let us know if we have given adequate details? Is this something that will get a hot fix or should we just revert back to the last version?

Thread Information