Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Updating Linux Server

If i want to update my linux ts3 server so i just turn off server, download latest version from here http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads and rewrite old files? Or do i need to do any other steps?

no.
    You only have to overwrite all files with the files from the ts3.zip

not sure what you mean becouse there is no such file http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts...3.0.7.2.tar.gz

As you already said, stop the server, download the latest version and extract it over the existing installation, then just start the server again.

If you modified the ts3server_startscript.sh previously you'll have to redo those modifications after the update, but since editing that file is not required you probably didn't do it.

I launched server using this tutorial http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-Debian-Ubuntu

did nothing more than there is said.

Updating teamspeak to 3.0.8

Hi guys,
    I'm going to update my teamspeak server hosted on a 32bit centos 5.
    I'm thinking to upload all the files on a external server (where I've my site hosted) and then overwrite the teamspeak files with wget.
    Now the problem is: wich file I've to keep and wich file I've to overwrite? I don't want to lose any room or any group I've set on the server and I've not mysql running on it.
    Thanks in advice.
    Last edited by dante696; September 9th, 2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: moved / we have a search function :)

Updating Linux Server

I'm currently running v3.0.6.1 and want to update to the latest version. I can't recall the proceedure for update the server (and maintaining the same DB). Could someone give me a quick refresher on the process? Also, i recall the last time i tried to do this, i got the server update, but no one could connect to the server, so i stepped back down to the older version. What should i try to do if that happens again?

You download the latest Version And use 7z or Winrar to untar the data. Make the Same ON the untar Data in there a Second .tar Data is. When you have done it Connect with the FTP Programm ON your Server and load the Files the was in the Second .tar data ON the Teamspeak3 Server. BEFOR stop the Ts3 Server

I'm sorry, that was a little confusing for me (language barrier i think). Could you go into a little more detail for me?

Anyone? :/

Shut server down.
    Back up your ts dir.
    Download latest server.
    Extract it over your ts and ovetwrite what it needs.
    Start server.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. Any idea what would cause a "could not connect" error after doing that? (that happened to anyone trying to connect to the server last time i tried to update)

What do your logs show ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by LogicSequence View Post
    Thanks. Any idea what would cause a "could not connect" error after doing that? (that happened to anyone trying to connect to the server last time i tried to update)
    Just in case you haven't resolved this or others are having the same problem...

I was actually having this same issue, was quite confused on it. After I looked at the logs I realized that the database was updating to the new version. Just had to be patient and wait a minute or two and then I was able to connect.

Updating Linux Server

Greetings I have not updated my teamspeak server in a very long time now I feel like its time i should do the update any ideas on what files are needed to go into the fresh installation of teamspeak??

I am aware of how to use teamspeak ie turn it off on etc.. I just have never updated my teamspeak server.. I am guessing the licensee key is one that needs transferred over to the new ts but what about the other files mainly permissions is my big concern..

OS centos 6.8 and my file structure on the current TS server looks like this..

Code:
    [[email protected] ~]$ ls
    admin.txt  libts3db_mysql.so    licensekey.dat-old      redistributables                                ts3db_mysql.dll                 ts3server.sqlitedb
    CHANGELOG  libts3db_sqlite3.so  logs                    serverkey.dat                                   ts3db_sqlite3.dll               ts3server_startscript.sh
    configs    LICENSE              query_ip_blacklist.txt  serverquerydocs                                 ts3server_linux_amd64           tsbackup
    doc        LICENSE_GNU_GPL.txt  query_ip_whitelist.txt  sql                                             ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh  tsdns
    files      licensekey.dat       redist                  teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64-3.0.12.4.tar.bz2  ts3server.pid                   tsnew
    [[email protected] ~]$

I have attepted the update with failure and back on the old ts till i can figure out the proper way to update it..

So what exact files are needed to put into the new teamspeak server installation.. thanks

Thread Information