Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved [How To] Remove Overwolf Icon Tutorial

So many mods been avoiding the questions and saying you can not remove it. I have brought you guys a simple solution.

Name:  eWyCpYn.png
Views: 25447
Size:  144.4 KB

here is the youtube video on how to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWP2noOvoCw

Remove the icon from the Toolbar
    1. Do a right-click one the Toolbar and select Customize Toolbar
    2. Double-Click on the Overwolf Button
    3. Close the dialog.

Remove the icon from users
    1. Go into Settings > Options and then select Design
    2. Uncheck Display Overwolf icons on client and then press OK

You can't remove the Icon from Tools

And no you can not remove, that the Overlay is shown to others, when Overwolf is running on your computer.
    You don't have to install Overwolf with our client setup or client update.
    Last edited by dante696; September 11th, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Overwolf suxx realy. Worst software i have ever seen. thanks for the tutorial!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinmir View Post
    Overwolf suxx realy. Worst software i have ever seen. thanks for the tutorial!
    What is the problem with a software, that provides access to your programs and websites, while you play a game?
    The word it su***are not ok here :P
    And it's nothing you have to use.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Overwolf is pretty bad. I also don't like how the Overwolf icons next to the username is client side and not server side, meaning as an admin I cant remove that server group. Knowing that others are not seeing the same uniformity that I have created in my TS3 is slightly irritating. Sure, make it optional integration, I don't mind that. However, please make the "Using Overwolf" user icon a server group, so I can delete it.

Yeah, the icon should be removable from server side. It's a bit chaotic now on some servers.

Still using 3.0.11.1, I recommend you do the same.

Yes, my community is annoyed by the icon as well.
    We spent a lot of time aligning the servergroup icons for aesthetic reasons and now the ugly overwolf icon is bringing everything out of shape. So all I could do was bringing out a tutorial on our website on how to remove it client-side - but that won't reach every user, especially new ones are irritated.

Please make it configurable server-side.

Options to DELETE ANYTHING with overwolf?

freshly installed teamspeak, and EVERY F*** time the popup?
    WHY?

the only options I see is grab an expired version of teamspeak which does NOT contain that annoying S***

I'm really that angry.

The ones who do not have any knowledge are FORCED to iinstall it, and EXPERTS are wasting time on searching the internet on how to delete that. WHY? Why do you waste our time??
    Last edited by dante696; January 6th, 2014 at 08:18 AM. Reason: why was that in bug section?

Just uninstall Overwolf from your system > Done.

You arn't forced to install overwolf during client setup.
    You should read what you are doing during the setup...

I'm going to assume that rant's about a reappearing whatsnew dialog, which would happen if one manages to have no write permissions for the settings, e.g. by selecting the wrong location during install.
    like that one.

For anyone that is saying "Overwolf sucks" and all that, I would highly appreciate a more in depth answer as to your problems with it. The better you can tell my why you don't like it, or what would make you want to use it, the better we can make our software.

Also, as Dante has mentioned, you don't have to install it, just pay attention to the install process for Teamspeak. Uninstalling it is as simple as Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Overwolf and then follow the instructions.

Yes, we read this forum too and keep track of it. Let me know, either PM me or write it here. Any and all feedback is always welcome.

I for one am surprised of how slow the OW Ts plugin advances. If there had been window creation access in the OW API I'd have pushed that out of business by now ;P Is the state of the control plugin that rudimentary?

Well, if you accept feedback about Overwolf here, here is mine:

Personally, I don't need Overwolf. I install and use Teamspeak to do voip with some friends. I didn't download and install Teamspeak to also install an installer of an addon of some other functionality. Teamspeak itself does all I need on its own.

I have to do extra (unnecessary) work to remove the reference icon to the Overwolf installer from within Teamspeak. If I don't invest that time, I continue have a hot red icon right in front of me on the toolbar that I will never use, wastes its toolbar space and distracts my view every time I look onto the Teamspeak client. And I have to spend even more time to explain what is Overwolf, and who needs Overwolf, and how to remove the distracting icon to many friends on my Teamspeak server as well, since this issue is brought up by them every once in a while.

There is also the stub installer I will never start (and if I do, it is by accident), which not only occupies disk space (ok, a minor issue these days) but is also a potential security risk on my machine, since it is an installer of unknown piece of software that I never evaluated. These days, every software you don't need and use is a security risk on your PC.

For me, speaking as a customer, the bundling of the Overwolf installer with the Teamspeak client is an inconvenience that lowers the value of the Teamspeak client.

If you say that many freeware these days comes with bundled adware, well, these software lower its value for me as well. Generally, I try to avoid such software. At least, you are able to deselect almost all bundled adware in the installer with these software, which you are not able to do with the Overwolf icon+installer that is bundled with Teamspeak.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    Well, if you accept feedback about Overwolf here, here is mine:

Personally, I don't need Overwolf. I install and use Teamspeak to do voip with some friends. I didn't download and install Teamspeak to also install an installer of an addon of some other functionality. Teamspeak itself does all I need on its own.

I have to do extra (unnecessary) work to remove the reference icon to the Overwolf installer from within Teamspeak. If I don't invest that time, I continue have a hot red icon right in front of me on the toolbar that I will never use, wastes its toolbar space and distracts my view every time I look onto the Teamspeak client. And I have to spend even more time to explain what is Overwolf, and who needs Overwolf, and how to remove the distracting icon to many friends on my Teamspeak server as well, since this issue is brought up by them every once in a while.

There is also the stub installer I will never start (and if I do, it is by accident), which not only occupies disk space (ok, a minor issue these days) but is also a potential security risk on my machine, since it is an installer of unknown piece of software that I never evaluated. These days, every software you don't need and use is a security risk on your PC.

For me, speaking as a customer, the bundling of the Overwolf installer with the Teamspeak client is an inconvenience that lowers the value of the Teamspeak client.

If you say that many freeware these days comes with bundled adware, well, these software lower its value for me as well. Generally, I try to avoid such software. At least, you are able to deselect almost all bundled adware in the installer with these software, which you are not able to do with the Overwolf icon+installer that is bundled with Teamspeak.
    I'll take feedback for Overwolf anywhere. Feedback is feedback.

There is a reason that Overwolf it bundled with TS, because it's the official overlay of TS. It isn't adware, it's a partnership between us. We provide them with the overlay they want because they don't have one of their own anymore. If you trust Teamspeak, then why do you not trust them to make an intelligent decision in providing you with a secure overlay? Overwolf isn't just some random overlay added on for no reason, it's there because we worked together in creating the Overlay.

And as both me and Dante have mentioned, you don't have to install it. You can just de-select it in the installation phase.

I'll relay your feedback to our team, but we aren't some malicious adware software out to get you. If we were, I doubt you'd be speaking to their community manager at this moment.

As for the API, there's a new one coming out from us soon so you have some of that functionality to create a different plugin if you wanted.

Thread Information