Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TeamSpeak server 3.0.9 released

We are proud to announce that our server 3.0.9 was released.

One of the main change is our Overwolf integration from client 3.0.12, to show the icon behind the username, when Overwolf is running. Server 3.0.9 and client 3.0.12 are needed for this feature.
    The command clientlist now shows, when Overwolf is running on clients machine.

Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.9 12 Sep 2013
     + Added support for Overwolf integration (requires client 3.0.12 or above)
     + Added "-badges" parameter to "clientlist" serverquery command
     - Fixed a deadlock. (Would kick all clients from the server)
     - Fixed a bug on nickname bans
     * Added a new variable CHANNEL_DELETE_DELAY but it is disabled for now. Will be fully supported next release
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hello !

work well with ban rules again thanks !!!

Edit:
    CHANNEL_DELETE_DELAY
    <-- someone from developers can explain what exactly that variable will make ? Each channel will be removed in seconds or milliseconds structurally ?

Example:
    10 channels for delete, single channel will be delete after 1 second ? or this is only feature for temp channels ?
    Last edited by hunterpl; September 12th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

This feature is work in progress.
    But we can say, a temp channel will be deleted after X (time when last user was in it).
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This feature is work in progress.
    But we can say, a temp channel will be deleted after X (time when last user was in it).
    so only for temp channels, not perm channels ?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterpl View Post
    so only for temp channels, not perm channels ?
    Well... it would not make much sense for permanent or semi-permanent channels.

WIP as said before.
    There is no final decision about what is included in that feature.

In my opinion temp channels should be affected only and it should be a global server setting for every channel that is temp.
    But that's only my opinion and we decide as a team

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Well... it would not make much sense for permanent or semi-permanent channels.

ScP make a sense because iv got more than 1000 channels permament on the server and when i delete sometimes one time 20 channels at once so why not ?

The word permanent gives enough reason. Something that is there and stays there as long nobody cares about these channels.

The word permanent gives enough reason. Something that is there and stays there as long nobody cares about these channels.
    so suggestion for permanent channels delete delay. Can you add variable time with set value with example: days expire, permanent channels will be always but when is not used and no one visited channel after 7 days will be deleted automaticaly but must be ignore the spacers & sub-channels in some file adding by [IDs spacers] what should be protected. What do you think about this ?

so suggestion for permanent channels delete delay. Can you add variable time with set value with example: days permanent channels will be always but when is not used and no one visited channel after 7 days will be deleted automaticaly but must be ignore the spacers.
    hunterpl it sounds like you need to teach your admins how to create temporary channels if you are having an issue with channels being created and abandoned. Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by The Fear Within View Post
    hunterpl it sounds like you need to teach your admins how to create temporary channels if you are having an issue with channels being created and abandoned. Just saying....
    The Fear Within it not sounds like teach my admins how create the temp channels, because everyday iv got 50-80 temp channels and users can create by themselves, we have more than 600 perm channels on section "private channels" and would be nice if developers can only add feature like i described for perm channels it would be better for us because we don't have to, check the date in the Topic record for check if that channel is active, now you understand ?

A spacer is no special. It's a normal channel for the server.
    The Client gui (and web viewer tools) convert the channel, how it looks.

Semi-permanent and permanent channels should not be included, but as said before. This feature is WIP.
    Last edited by dante696; September 12th, 2013 at 10:42 AM.

Thank you so much for adding the new permission called "CHANNEL_DELETE_DELAY" . I was looking forward to this feature for a such a long time!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!

Buy the way, how do you gind this in server groups? I searched for CHANNEL_DELETE_DELAY and didnt see anything.

Nobody said it's included. This is a preparation for server 3.0.10

* Added a new variable CHANNEL_DELETE_DELAY but it is disabled for now. Will be fully supported next release

ScP make a sense because iv got more than 1000 channels permament on the server and when i delete sometimes one time 20 channels at once so why not ?
    The question should be: Why do you allow your users to create permanent channels and want to auto-delete them afterwards. Use semi-permanent channels instead and restart your virtual server if you want to get rid of them.

Anyway... as dante already said, a permanent channel is called "permanent" with a reason and should in fact be permanent (omg that's a weird sentence).

In my opinion temp channels should be affected only and it should be a global server setting for every channel that is temp.
    I think a virtual server property would somehow collide with the existing channel property. Instead, I'd recommend adding a simple integer permission (e.g. i_channel_max_delete_delay). This permission should control who is able to set a delete delay (not set or 0 means not allowed) and the maximum value a user can set as an individual delete delay (while -1 means infinite for convenience and consistent permission behaviour). The value of this permission should be used as the default value when you're creating a new temporary channel (-1 should set it to 0 tho as an infinite delete delay makes not much sense).

This implementation would give admins and users great flexibility and I can think of many use cases where this will be very useful.
    Last edited by ScP; September 12th, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

Thread Information