Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

I have lost my serveradmin rights?

Hello,

This is the first time i have setup a teamspeak server, it worked properly for like 2 weeks, but now when i wanted to join my personal channel in the server (needed rights=75=server admin rights) it said insufficient permission.. I tryed to check the permissions but i couldn't, because i wasn't a server admin anymore? Also the icon behind my name is gone. I did write down the username/password/key of my server, and i still got them, but how do i use them to regain my admin rights?.. I am hosting a teamspeak 3 server.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

you will need to connect to your servers query interface. In order to do that you will need a telnet client (such as Putty). The default query port is 10011 (if the server is on your machine you can use 127.0.0.1 as IP). Please replace anything written in capital letters:

login serveradmin PASSWORD
    use port=VOICE_PORT_OF_YOUR_SERVER (probably 9987)
    tokenadd tokentype=0 tokenid1=SERVER_GROUP_ID_OF_SERVER_ADMIN_GROUP* tokenid2=0 tokendescription=Key
    quit

* The server group ID (sgid) of a server group can be found by opening up the server group permissions window - it is displayed in brackets next to the name of the group on the left hand side.

The token gathered can be used to regain your permissions: Permissions -> Use privilege Key -> Insert the key.

Thanks for the fast reply. I can't find the server group id, i don't see the id next to the name.. Teamspeak permission tab <<click for the image. + when i did login serveradmin and use port, it said error=0 msg=ok. I don't know if it's supposed to say that, since it gives an error, but that error is 0. Is that oké or not?
    Image of the telnet client (i did not get further then the tokenid1= , so that's why it says nothing from there on:
    Click

EDIT: Never mind, i got it to work. Thank you very much!

The ID of Server Admin is 6, as you can see in the picture you posted.

error=0 msg=ok means no error occured and everything is fine.

Yes, but you said on the left hand side, so i thought that you meant on the left side of the server admin group, and the (6) was the amount serveradmins on my server haha. But i got it to work, so this can be closed

Thread Information