Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Exclamation Unable To Connect Via External IP

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of setting up a TS3 server and Ive come across an issue which is that no one can connect from the public, ie not via my external IP.

Setup:
    TS3 Server - Latest Version
    OS - Windows Server 2008 64bit

What I have Done:
    • Opened TCP Ports 30033 and 10011 on both my router and Firewall (shows as open on port open sites such as canyouseeme)
    • Opened UDP port 9987 On both my Firewall and Router which appears as closed on canyouseeme
    • Tried changing the default ports with the same error.
    • I had the server running publically around a week ago and was able to connect from a different ISP using my external IP and on my User log I have other users history on it - Meaning that public were able to connect at one point, I haven't changed the settings since then as far as im aware - I re did them
    • Checked netstat -a in cmd - both TCP ports are set to listening however the UDP 9987 appears at the bottom with *.* next to it

My external IP for the TS Server machine is 178.78.80.112 if people want to attempt to diagnose from their end

Hope someone can help
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Paralysis View Post
    I am in the process of setting up a TS3 server and Ive come across an issue which is that no one can connect from the public, ie not via my external IP.

My external IP for the TS Server machine is 178.78.80.112 if people want to attempt to diagnose from their end
    I've just connected.
    Code:
    <13:19:23> Trying to connect to server on 178.78.80.112
    <13:19:24> Connected to Server: "PRIME Gaming Network"
    <13:19:24> Welcome to TeamSpeak, check www.teamspeak.com for latest information
    If people can't connect from the public is inside your LAN, it's better they use the local ip of the server.

Thread Information