Forum

Max Server Groups added

Hello!

There are many teamspeak public servers that offer icons like lvls, ranks, etc.

We would like to know if it's possible to limit the max server groups added, there are several people that adds as much as they want and the server groups icons hides his/her nickname.

Please see that pic.
    Name:  CHECK SERVER GROUPS.png
Views: 2026
Size:  28.3 KB

Please just help on that,, for setting this:
    max_server_grups_added=5

would be nice to limit them thanks!!

You can remove those groups aswell and remove the right to create new one from your admins.

We know that we can do that but we let people to add the icon they want.

It's tiring and bad to say ""Hello, you have many icons, i don't see your nick.. i will take them out""

So a good idea is to add this: max_server_groups_added=(5)

So users can add a limited number of icons (server groups) with out annoying them. please consider this.

Maybe a max displayed client setting instead? So you can join as many groups as you want but only display a max number of icons. Groups of lower value would display over groups of higher (ones high on the server group list will display first).

I see too many problems with implementing some sort of group limit.

Agree.
    Alternative: Dont allow your users to set groups themselves. "Staff" on your server can do that. So you can also control the amount.

it doesn't matter, the staff can also set as many sever groups as the want,,,, but our public works like that,, that's why people are with us.... they can set their server group anytime they want without looking for support or staff.

with this idea would be nice 2 things...

1.- Server Groups limitation (max_server_grups_added=10 )
    2.- Or server groups displayed (nickname [1][2][3][4][5]...... ) showing the priority

The problem is, having a lot of server groups hides their name,, please find a solution.
    WE DON'T WANT TO TELL THE USERS TO REVOKE THE SERVER GROUPS DUE TO THEY HAVE MANY.

Just think on that!! i hope you can understand.

Ignore server group Icon: Android Version

Hey there,

I have noticed on some servers people have lots of server group icons and then it covers their names up, so is there a way to add under the "contact" tab, something that says "ignore server group Icons" then it would remove the icons for that person.

Thanks you,

DigidyDOG
    Last edited by dante696; February 17th, 2015 at 09:21 AM. Reason: merged

Basically, the same problem exists on Windows and I think it was rejected there.

I would also like to have this capability. I don't see what this could possibly hurt. It's a pain to have to hunt every user down and get them to choose one icon of the list of group icons. This is especially useful in any game that has roles or classes in which you want to quickly see who in TS is what class/role. Right now there's no way to limit how many of these a user sets and it seems like such a basic thing that should already be there considering it covers up names.

Thread Information