Forum

Change location of Server file transfer folder (Channel_1)

Hi,

I'd like to move the location of the Server side file transfer folder (currently C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Server\teamspeak3-server_win64\files\virtualserver_1\channel_1) off of my server applications drive (c:\) and put it on a data drive (d:\).

I want to allow my users the ability to use the file transfer feature but not to clog up my system/applications drive (which incidentally is only a 60gb drive). I want to have the comfort (and security) of moving the data (channel_1 folder) to the mirrored data array.

Is there a setting in a config file or registry tweak?

Thanks,

sysadmin

Dont think its possible.
    Why not moving the server to "D:" and running it from there?
    Alternative: Restrict the File Transfer in TS with quotas and remove old files regularly.

You can (even with windows) change the directory "files" on drive c: to a mount point of drive d: ... so the path will still be "C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Server\teamspeak3-server_win64\files" but everything will be placed under the mount point which can be drive d: ...

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    You can (even with windows) change the directory "files" on drive c: to a mount point of drive d: ... so the path will still be "C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Server\teamspeak3-server_win64\files" but everything will be placed under the mount point which can be drive d: ...
    I was hoping for a 'cleaner' way of doing things... to keep the application with all my others programmes on the system drive c:\ and putting the data only on the data drive d:\.

With regard to limiting the data (as mentioned above), I had considered it, but that loses me the flexibility of not being able to utilise the 8Tb of disk space in the data array.

Surely there must be a config flag or registry tweak to change the pointer for the folder?

Sysadmin

The Paths are stored in the DB of the server, but there are relative paths, not absolute.
    Whats the problem with shutting down the instance, moving the servers directory to "d:" and starting the instance there?

Old thread I know, but I found it while researching a similar issue.

You can use symbolic links to change the location of the files folders without interfering with the folder structure. The command in windows is 'mklink /D \path\to\new\files\folder \path\to\current\files\folder' (you'll need to have renamed it before doing this).

example: mklink /D "C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Server\teamspeak3-server_win64\files" "D:\Teamspeak 3 Server Data\files"

Make sure you create the "D:\Teamspeak 3 Server Data\files" folder before doing this, else the command won't work.

Thread Information