Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Let alone when one thinks about what would happen when those other plugins come up with additional isolated implementations

I'm going to assume it'll work like that:
    requestHotkeyInputDialog using ondown keyword (-> dialog -> onok -> add to hotkey database ondown and activate ->) trigger onHotkeyRecordedEvent -> if ondown keyword dynamically add onUp Hotkey

So, no further changes required if that works out, even the current scheduled fix being optional, for ptt-style hotkeys at least.

Putting it on the list.

Being able to do it entirely with out having to interact with the TS UI would be the best. We do a lot of configuration inside Arma and plan to do even more in the future.

Also yea any testing I can help with let me know. I currently have two different plug in code bases that will need to implement the change so getting it right and stable is very important to me.

I've just had a little test run with the current functions, couple of observations:

* onHotkeyRecordedEvent is only triggered by requestHotkeyInputDialog, not by the default gui.
    Since we cannot hinder the hotkeys appearing in the default gui too, that'd be a potential hole.
    *ALT-GR gets identified as STRG + ALT GR both on requestHotkeyInputDialog and default gui for some reason. Well, as long as it works..

Well, at least CrossTalk uses plugin commands for ondown extensively for delivering arguments. I COULD work around that doing dynamic stuff on generic-hotkey-1toX, however it'd be simply more beautiful if you'd find the time to add support for plugin commands. Since the arguments would be of the same type, I'd guess you could just go like if keyword not found create as command instead.
    Personally I wouldn't require that in the dynamic function, however I guess it'd be just the same.
    Ideally also here onHotkeyRecordedEvent would be triggered from the default gui, too.

Any idea on when improvements to the hotkey system is going to come out? There is a few thousand installs that are going to be stuck on 3.0.12 till that is sorted better (or there is a fix for TS so independent DI acquirements in plugins don't break the "Default" input system that is in TS now [and vica versa, the TS system will break DI in plugins depending on load order]).

I was hoping there would be a bit more of a delay for the removal of DI, but I guess not. Hope these suggested improvements appear soon because there is a substantial number of people that will be unable to upgrade to 3.0.13 till it is sorted.

So I am using GetAsyncKeyState now in our key handler loop. It works, though it requiring VK codes vs. DIK codes is frustrating because Arma relies on DIK codes for all of its keybindings.

Because of this the currently released version of ACRE will not support TS 3.0.13 due to numerous changes that have to be made to support a transition to VK codes in the code base, along with having to support two independent code bases for Arma2 and Arma3, as well as just the general headache of having the entire userbase update all their configs in a non-major release cycle. The next major version of ACRE, ACRE2 will support all future TS versions (until something else breaks obviously haha).

Thread Information