Forum

Question Run multible Music Bots

I just installed a Music Bot on my Teamspeak 3 Server which streams 24/7 music by a radio station.

I run the Bot via Audacious and Pulseaudio on a Linux vServer.

Can i run multiple Bots on one Server?

(Screenshot)
    Name:  6vF2BG5.jpg
Views: 1643
Size:  218.7 KB

There is an option like --no-check-instance or something like that which allows runing of multiple clients at the same time...
    BUT you should have different configs for each, thus it's easier to add additional users with f.e. shared client files (ln -s) but different configs. Also it's easier to auto-startup every client then. In Pulseaudio you're easily able to add null sinks so you just need to bind them to every client.

It's the easiest way imho. If you need additional "desktops" you can use vnc4server, but I doubt you need that, as you already using similar thing probably.

I have 3 music bots running by such way. 3 Null sinks, 3 different clients on unique users (sharing same build version) and 3 sources of audio via MPD.

I set up another vnc Server. I can also run 2 ts3 clients via "-nosingleinstance" but i get the same sound output on both clients. How can i set up two different configurations?

You can do it with one client and multiple tabs by using multiple capture profiles and UIDs, have bookmarks for each one and they can join directly into the correct channel with the correct input setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    You can do it with one client and multiple tabs by using multiple capture profiles and UIDs, have bookmarks for each one and they can join directly into the correct channel with the correct input setup.
    But with multiple tabs in the same client ONLY one of the tabs can have the mic active, that means only one of the bots could "transmit".

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    But with multiple tabs in the same client ONLY one of the tabs can have the mic active, that means only one of the bots could "transmit".
    That is not correct... only tabs of the same audio input profile are effected... If you have multiple audio input profiles, and every connection uses an other profile all is fine! I myself have used tweo simultaneous connections with one single teamspeak client and two different audio input profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    That is not correct... only tabs of the same audio input profile are effected... If you have multiple audio input profiles, and every connection uses an other profile all is fine!
    Thanks for clarifying.

Thread Information