Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Channel Delete Delay (a little explanation about this feature)

This feature is available since client 3.0.13 and server 3.0.10
    I hope to cover most questions about that feature.

• Only temporary channels can have an active delete delay! (This is the statement for client 3.0.13 and server 3.0.10)
    • Every server and channel setting can be done in Client GUI and in ServerQuery.
    • There are 2 settings in Client GUI (virtual server edit and for channel create/edit )
    • The server starts to count the seconds after the last user has left the channel and the timer resets when a user joins the channel or its sub channels. Yes the delay checks for sub and parent channels.
    • The timer is always running, when the channel is empty and it does not matter if the channel is permanent or semi-perm or temporary.
    • Editing a channel does not reset the running timer for seconds_empty=X.
      So if seconds_empty=X is bigger than your target channel_delete_delay=X and you edit it to temporary, it will delete the channel without any delay.
      You will only see the rest of time, when the value for seconds_empty=X is lower than channels channel_delete_delay=X.
    • The server defines a default value for new channels, when channel create/modify permission is not lower.
      Means you can define the same value for every new channel, when no permission is set for your users.
    • Existing channels are not affected, when the default value for delete delay was changed.
    • A parent channel will always delete sub-channels when the time ran out of that parent channel.
    • The server has a timer for all channel types and knows when last user was in that channel! (Explained in query part here.)
    • You can create/use your own bots to clean unused channels by checking channels value from seconds_empty=X.
    • The maximum delete delay can be 999999999 seconds which is around 31 years and 259 days and 1 Hour and 46 Minutes and 40 seconds.

• There are 3 permissions (+ their grant permissions)

1. Code:
        b_virtualserver_modify_channel_temp_delete_delay_default
        - Allows to change the default value for the whole server.
        - This does not define the maximum delete delay for new channels.
        - It's a template and this value will be used for new channels.
        - A higher value allows to create / edit more than server has setup.
        - i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_channel_temp_delete_delay_default defines the Grant value.
      2. Code:
        i_channel_create_modify_temp_delete_delay
        - Allows to create and edit a channel with a delete delay.
        - This permission defines the maximum delay that can be set into a channel.
        - Server Template will be used, when the permision has a negative value or is not set.
        - The maximum delay of 0 seconds is set on a channel and can not be changed when i_channel_create_modify_channel_temp_delete_delay is set to 0
        - The permission overwrites the template from the server, when it is lower than the server template.
        - i_needed_modify_power_create_modify_temp_delete_delay defines the Grant value.
      3. This permission appeared in the server version 3.0.10
        Code:
        b_channel_modify_temp_delete_delay
        - This permission is needed to edit channels delete delay.
        - Do not add this permission into your server Guest Groups, when i_channel_create_modify_temp_delete_delay is et too.
        User will be able to edit every temp channels delay!
        - i_needed_modify_power_channel_modify_temp_delete_delay defines the Grant value.

• Query
      - serverinfo shows virtualserver_channel_temp_delete_delay_default=
      - This value can be changed, when b_virtualserver_modify_channel_temp_delete_delay_d efault is granted.

- channelinfo shows seconds_empty= and channel_delete_delay=
      - The value for seconds_empty= shows the seconds when last user was in that channel
      - "seconds_empty=-1" means that this channel is in use.
      - channel_delete_delay= shows the delete delay for your channel.

- channelcreate can be used for template delete delay from the server or with your own values for the delete delay.
      - i_channel_create_modify_with_temp_delete_delay is needed to create a channel with a custom deleay.
      - channel_name=test1 channel_delete_delay=22 would create a channel with 22 seconds of delay.
    Last edited by dante696; November 20th, 2015 at 08:14 AM. Reason: faq update
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Question Help with i_channel_create_modify_with_temp_delete_delay

What value is the maximum that can be used in this permission.

Thanks

itteam
    Last edited by dante696; November 19th, 2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: merged

Just hold down 9 and see how far it goes.

Maximum Time

I found the maximum value that can be used --> 999999999

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	channel_delete_delay.png 
Views:	500 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	9780

Like semi-permanent channels, temporary channels will be deleted upon server restart though. Therefore it does not really matter how high it goes.

Permission

Thanks Matthias, I know temp & semi-permanent channels would be deleted on server restart, I was just trying it to see what the max value was.

Max VBalue

Hello Teamspeak,

Is there a max value for the delete delay?

A customer reports, that he can only get up to 1hr in.

best regards Thomas
    Last edited by dante696; November 19th, 2015 at 01:44 PM. Reason: merged

The maximum is 999999999 seconds which is around 31 years and 259 days and 1 Hour and 46 Minutes and 40 seconds.

Ask the user which value he has entered in permission i_channel_create_modify_with_temp_delete_delay.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I found here the answer - http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...711#post387711

If I set Virtual Server delay time (Manage Virtual Server -> Misc), can I set up delay for channels separately? E.g. some channels must have delay for a few months.

I can't do this at the moment
    Last edited by booya; November 18th, 2015 at 12:55 PM.

Why when I change perm channel to temp being outside of that channel, I get this:

Name:	ts3_perm-to-temp.gif 
Views:	230 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	13192

And sometimes like I need:

Name:	ts3_perm-to-temp1.gif 
Views:	143 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	13193

//Edit I added this to my docu about delay
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/9...ighlight=delay

The timer is always running in background, when a channel is empty (does not matter if temp or semi-perm or perm).
    And you always will see the first dialog, when the timer is much bigger than your target value for the channel.

Example:
    Your permanent channel is empty since 60 minutes which is 3600 seconds.

Now you edit the channel with a delay of 3800 seconds and to temporay
    --> Now the dialog shows you will be deleted in 3 minutes 20 second, because you have 200 seconds left.

But if you edit the channel to a delay of 3600 and to temporay
    --> Now the server compares the value seconds_empty=3600 and the setting channel_delete_delay=3600.
    So 3600 is what you allowed for this channel and what has passed already.
    --> Now the server tells the client that the channel will be deleted without any rest of time. Because there is no time left for this channel.

In short, we do not reset the running timer for a channel, when it was edited.
    The only reset is to join a channel.

Thread Information