Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[PreRelease] TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.10

We are proud to announce that the upcoming server release version 3.0.10 is available for beta testing.

In combination with client 3.0.13 this server release will enable the channel delay delete feature on temporary channels.

Full Changelog below:
    Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.10 30 Sep 2013
     + Added support for new variable CHANNEL_DELETE_DELAY on temporary chanels
     + channellist and channelinfo query commands now show seconds_empty param. -1 means not empty
    Please go here to download the server.
    Last edited by Chris; September 24th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Hello Chris, how are you?

I believe this program option time auto delete temporary channel should be instendida for permanent channels, because many users are asked to place the permanent room use 1 or 2 days and leaves the server, leaving a lot of room on the server.

Werent that would force option added in permanent channels.

You are doing a good job.

Welcome,

I have a question: I was trying to figure out how to use a new variable, but I am a little bit confused. When I am trying to set it only for channel groups (mostly Guest group because I do not need this to be configured for other channel groups), I am always getting information about not sufficient permissions in "i_channel_create_modify_temp_delete_delay" setting. Ofc when I configure this permission under server groups, it works as it was supossed to, but then every channel admin/guest of temporary channel can edit this permission on any other temp channel. So where is the catch ?

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply,
    Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by tiozao View Post

I believe this program option time auto delete temporary channel should be instendida for permanent channels, because many users are asked to place the permanent room use 1 or 2 days and leaves the server, leaving a lot of room on the server.

Then don't allow them to create permanent channels once this update is applied to your server, instead set the default delay at the server level to 2 days and only allow them to create temp channels. If it is empty for 2 days, or server is restarted, it is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by drowsybeing View Post
    Welcome,

I have a question: I was trying to figure out how to use a new variable, but I am a little bit confused. When I am trying to set it only for channel groups (mostly Guest group because I do not need this to be configured for other channel groups), I am always getting information about not sufficient permissions in "i_channel_create_modify_temp_delete_delay" setting. Ofc when I configure this permission under server groups, it works as it was supossed to, but then every channel admin/guest of temporary channel can edit this permission on any other temp channel. So where is the catch ?

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply,
    Regards.
    I think these permissions would make more sense at the server group level than the channel group. If set at channel group and guest has a value of 15, but Channel admin as none not sure how the edit channel would handle that one the user created the channel.

Also dante put together a detailed post about this: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...his-feature%29

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I think these permissions would make more sense at the server group level than the channel group. If set at channel group and guest has a value of 15, but Channel admin as none not sure how the edit channel would handle that one the user created the channel.
    Thank you for the answer Screech

You're right, but as I've written above when you configure a new permission in some of server groups (Guest group is most logical to assing this permission to), then it looks like every person to whom this group is assigned, is able to edit a new permission on every temp channel that has been created. And of course you can put the same value in a "Channel Admin" 's "i_channel_create_modify_temp_delete_delay" permission, as in a "Guest" channel group. But the most confusing is the thing about server groups as I mentioned.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by drowsybeing View Post
    Thank you for the answer Screech

You're right, but as I've written above when you configure a new permission in some of server groups (Guest group is most logical to assing this permission to), then it looks like every person to whom this group is assigned, is able to edit a new permission on every temp channel that has been created. And of course you can put the same value in a "Channel Admin" 's "i_channel_create_modify_temp_delete_delay" permission, as in a "Guest" channel group. But the most confusing is the thing about server groups as I mentioned.

Regards.
    I see that now... [s]Maybe they should have used separate permissions for create and modify like several of the other channel related permissions.[/s]What no strike-through BBCode support? See updated idea for correcting this below. Normally create permissions are assigned at the server group level while modify permissions are at the channel group level (Channel admin and maybe Operator).

Also, you can prevent this using needed channel modify permissions and have CA or op in the channel group have channel mod high enough, should restrict to only editing own channels delete delay, but bug here is no error is reported to user if they attempt to change the delete delay of a channel they do not have sufficient modify power in.

For now I think the best course is to set the default at the virtual server level so all temp channels are created with x delete delay. Then grant create/modify permission to the CA so they can edit the channel if needed after creating it. Sadly, this doesn't not allow for more trusted users (normal) group to create channels with longer delete delays without allowing them to also edit other user's channels.

More thought I think this should be handled much like the codec related permissions, allowed create/modify permissions are defined in channel/create area while there is a single check box in channel/modify to allow using those permissions while modifying a channel. A simple b_modify_delete_delay checkbox in the channel/modify area that is checked when modifying channels would be great.

Another bug, minor, but not as I would think it should be. If I have a temp channel selected and viewing its info pane while users are in it and it then becomes empty I see no count down until I select another channel then re-select the channel that became empty while I was viewing its info pane. When a empty channel that I see the countdown on has a user join the countdown does disappear as expected.
    Last edited by Screech; September 25th, 2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Bugs, bugs, bugs

For now I think the best course is to set the default at the virtual server level so all temp channels are created with x delete delay. Then grant create/modify permission to the CA so they can edit the channel if needed after creating it.
    Thank you for pointing it out, Screech. I haven't thought about it. Good advice, Thank You. Eventually I think that a new permission is somehow ... missing something.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by tiozao View Post

Good Night,

I was talking to tiozao, and saw a grammatical error, which changed the meaning of the sentence. What did he suggest is not only temporary channels were deleted, that is, they could do the same with the permanent, ie, the user entered the room and left, not entered in three days' time, for example, in this case, the channel would be deleted.

Thus, our servers have already pre-defined resources, which would reduce the need for running scripts

but bug here is no error is reported to user if they attempt to change the delete delay of a channel they do not have sufficient modify power in.

Another bug, minor, but not as I would think it should be. If I have a temp channel selected and viewing its info pane while users are in it and it then becomes empty I see no count down until I select another channel then re-select the channel that became empty while I was viewing its info pane. When a empty channel that I see the countdown on has a user join the countdown does disappear as expected.
    1. i_channel_create_modify_temp_delete_delay has nothing to to with channel needed permission modify power.
    And you get an error, when you don't have the permission to edit the value of an existing channel.
    <08:26:50> insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_create_modify_temp_delete_delay)

As already said to Hunter PL > Please check your permission setup.

2. The Client and Channel Info Dialog is not live as long no client made an clientupdate or channel setting has changed.
    You have to subscribe the target channel + you have to reselect it. This is no bug.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

As I'm seeing it: If a user gets i_channel_create_modify_temp_delete_delay from a server group, on my server I gave Normal 600, they can edit the delete delay on any channel that that does not have the i_needed_channel_modify_power set higher than the Normal group's i_channel_modify_power. If the channel does have higher i_needed_channel_modify_power than the user's i_channel_modify_power they do get invalid i_channel_modify_power error when attempting to edit the channel's delete delay.

Which permissions are you saying are not right? You are always welcome on my test server to look and show me.

Also a feature enhancement for Delete Delay that I can think of is a set max button, similar to that on the ban client window. This is useful if the server default is set to 60 but some users with a higher value, like normal with 600, can quickly update it to the max their permissions allow.
    Last edited by Screech; September 26th, 2013 at 02:40 PM.

We will add the permission b_channel_modify_temp_delete_delay into server 3.0.10
    The current beta server does not allow to set the deleay permission into server groups without allowing them to edit every temp channel.

And we try to add a button for maximum channel delete delay into channel edit/create dialog for client 3.0.13. (Or maybe 3.0.14)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

How can this channel-temp-delete-delay-whatever-stuff be possibly higher priority than ipv6 and a correct SRV implementation?
    Nice distraction you built up here

And honestly I have no idea who will use this feature either... At least we have a timer on all channels now, and this is the only useful thing in this update right now...

Quote Originally Posted by maxi1990 View Post
    How can this channel-temp-delete-delay-whatever-stuff be possibly higher priority than ipv6 and a correct SRV implementation?
    Nice distraction you built up here
    Maybe because any user of TS3 can benefit from this feature while only a few would with either of the other two updates. Honesty, most routers in home still do not support IPv6, not to mention that many of them that are still are only getting IPv4 from ISPs. Prioritized SRV records are great, but very few TS3 host/users are setting up redundant servers or paths to a server. I do think IPv6 will need to be supported in time, the sooner the better, but as of right now IPv4 is working fine for nearly everyone expect a few ISPs that have moved entirely to IPv6 before the rest of the world.

Maybe because any user of TS3 can benefit from this feature while only a few would with either of the other two updates.
    I expected an answer like this. But since the serverquery provides all functions you need, such a feature can easily be provided by making use of the serverquery.
    While I have no chance at all to implement v6 or correct srv-records.
    This is why - in my opinion - ipv6 and srv-records should be implemented first.

Honesty, most routers in home still do not support IPv6, not to mention that many of them that are still are only getting IPv4 from ISPs. Prioritized SRV records are great, but very few TS3 host/users are setting up redundant servers or paths to a server. I do think IPv6 will need to be supported in time, the sooner the better, but as of right now IPv4 is working fine for nearly everyone expect a few ISPs that have moved entirely to IPv6 before the rest of the world.
    In germany there is at least one provider I know of which issues ipv4 connectivity and a changing /56 subnet for ipv6 by default. IPv6 is going to be even more important that it is now. Be prepared.

Note to the developers: These shiny buttons would fit perfectly into your homepage landing page, wouln't they? http://www.worldipv6launch.org

Thread Information