Forum

odd issue with channel group overriding server groups even this skip is set on both.

I just going to put link to pictures as I don't really know how to say what I'm seeing that will make since. I will only say that if I change my channel group to guest instead of channel admin the disabled server groups in the popup menu are enabled.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perm_not_working_as_expected.png 
Views:	416 
Size:	281.6 KB 
ID:	9222
    Last edited by Screech; September 26th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.

I tried to reproduce this, but nothing was wrong with the same settings.

Then i saw i_group_member_add_power was setup as a client permission and it wasn't skipped.
    With that permission setup as a client permission without skipp. This overwrites what every server group says.

Tell me if i am wrong.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

But the client permission is set at 100, and the ALL at the bottom of the permissions overview also showed I have 100 i_group_member_add_power yet I can't add someone to Normal with a i_group_needed_member_add_power of 51. The overview is showing I should be able yet the interface will not let me. If I remove myself from Channel Admin the interface will let me. I think I'll see if I drag-drop into the server groups permission window if I get insufficient permissions error, if so I think the server has bug. If I can add that way I think the client has a UI bug.

OK, bug is the permission overview not showing 50 i_group_member_add_power because the client permission of 100 does not have skip set the channel group is overriding previous tiers.
    Last edited by Screech; September 27th, 2013 at 03:40 PM.

Only the permission overview shows the wrong value.

I create ticket for this, but this not so important.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Channel Group Permission overwrite with skip-flag enabled?

Today i came accross something weird.

As a Server Admin i have a group_member_add_power of 75 and skip flag enabled by default.

Then i gave myself client permissions like group_member_add_power of 75 as well.

If i now set my channel group to Channel Admin the Channelgroup overwrites my group_member_add_power to 50.

Is this intended, eventhough skip-flag is enabled in the servergroup?

Ad the best part is, the permission overview still says that i have a group_member_add_power of 75...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dante696; September 21st, 2017 at 07:25 AM. Reason: merged

According to your attached file, your issue doesn't exist...

Then test it out yourself, i have testet this on 3 Servers already, just set up a new server, give yourself serveradmin, then the clientpermission i_group_member_add_power of 75 and then the channelgroup Channel Admin.

Just go ahead and test it

The Problem here is, that the client permissions overwrite the servergroup permissions. But the Channelgroup permissions overwrite the clientpermission, so the channelgrouppermission indirectly overwrite the servergrouppermission as well. The question is, is this intended.

And if itīs intended, why is the permission overview telling a different story?

Also if you set skipflag in the clientpermissions everything is fine again...
    Last edited by Data179; September 20th, 2017 at 09:45 PM.

This is an old and unfixed bug. Thread merged.

What's affected by the bug? Just the group menu in the client? Or the permission overview? Or the calculation in general?

It's just the permission overview calculation which thinks you still have skip trough b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions.

(If i remember right) This happens when you own b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions from a server group but disable it for single client permission and now a channel group or channel permission comes into the game.

Thread Information