Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Suddenly I can only connect to my server locally

Hello,
    I have a s TS3-server up and running 24/7. Tonight I had to do a router reset as I got a replacement digital box (TV), and the company told me that I needed to do this to get it running. When everything started up again, I restarted the "server computer", and then started the server.

Now I cannot connect to it, when I tries to enter the WAN adress it just sais 'Failed to connect to server', but when I tries to enter 192.168.1.1 it works. So, it seems like the server is hosting itself locally all of a sudden? I've tried to enter it from a different network/computer as well. Why can that be?

Quote Originally Posted by brahcy View Post
    Hello,
    I have a s TS3-server up and running 24/7. Tonight I had to do a router reset as I got a replacement digital box (TV), and the company told me that I needed to do this to get it running. When everything started up again, I restarted the "server computer", and then started the server.

Now I cannot connect to it, when I tries to enter the WAN adress it just sais 'Failed to connect to server', but when I tries to enter 192.168.1.1 it works.
    Verify that the local IP of the computer where the server is running is the same IP you have declared in the router for portforwarding or NAT.

Note: To connect using the local IP of the server always works inside the lan. The public IP and the portforwarding are needed for users outside the lan associated to the router.

Yes, it was the correct IP.
    Okay, I just changed the routers mode to 'Bridging' instead, and then it worked. As I noted that I had the same WAN-IP at both computers. Isn't it possible to run a teamspeak-server in routing mode on the router? As the TV requires that mode...

Quote Originally Posted by brahcy View Post
    Yes, it was the correct IP.
    Okay, I just changed the routers mode to 'Bridging' instead, and then it worked. As I noted that I had the same WAN-IP at both computers. Isn't it possible to run a teamspeak-server in routing mode on the router? As the TV requires that mode...
    The WAN-IP is the same for all the computers connected to the router. Really the WAN-IP is the router public IP due is the device that is connected to the internet.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question about running the server on the router.

Thread Information