Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Save Favorites to an external server online

Is there any plugin-service server Login to save your personal data for Team Speak 3, like Settings, Servers Favorites and Saved Identities?

Quote Originally Posted by David Faustino View Post
    Is there any plugin-service server Login to save your personal data for Team Speak 3, like Settings, Servers Favorites and Saved Identities?
    I think that using the TS3_CONFIG_DIR user variable and Google Drive you can... hum... let me try this..

So far looking good, once the upload is done I will look to see if I can access it on the other computer. Remember, your data is then only as secure as your google drive and will contain your secrets with you UIDs. So, if you must keep it really secure you may not what to do this.

So far, I have the Google drive app installed on my PC that auto syncs the folder "%USERPROFILE%\Google Drive" with my online drive.
    I created a Teamspeak folder with a mobile config folder in it and copied all of my data from "%APPDATA%\TS3Client" to "%USERPROFILE%\Google Drive\Teamspeak\Mobile Config"
    I added a user variable named TS3_CONFIG_DIR with "%USERPROFILE%\Google Drive\Teamspeak\Mobile Config".''

I don't know what will happen if you have two systems setup with this running at the same time. I would try avoiding such an event though.
    Last edited by Screech; October 1st, 2013 at 01:57 AM.

Just a note, may want to clear your history and cache before starting this. I found that I had a 2GB server.html log file on my system... taking forever to upload. I guess its time for me to clean up my install.

Finally finished testing this now that that upload is done and it works fine. I would still recommend keeping log files to a minimum size as I don't know how Google drive apps handles updates to large files: Does it resend the whole file after update or does it work like Windows 2008 R2 and newer replication service and only send changed blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Does it resend the whole file after update or does it work like Windows 2008 R2 and newer replication service and only send changed blocks.
    Newer replication services? On *nix rsync does such things since june 1996, so whats is new in copying only changed blocks?!

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    Newer replication services? On *nix rsync does such things since june 1996, so whats is new in copying only changed blocks?!
    "Windows 2008 R2 and newer", as in the replication service in older versions of Windows server did not.

Maybe if I worded like this "Does it resend the whole file after update or does it work like the replication service in Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer and only send changed blocks." it would have been clearer.

I found that I had a 2GB server.html log file.

Just an update... this makes using audio profiles that are targeted to specific hardware that is not the same between devices act weird. If doing this best to have only the default device selected in the playback and capture profiles. Then use the default options in the sound device manager of Windows to control the defaults at each location. Or include in the profile names that target specific hardware the device that profile is supported on.

Also, just thought of when client updates are released. If you update on one computer it will update the configuration if there are any changes. It may be best to manually run the update.exe in the ts3 app folder before launching an older version of the client against an updated config.

Thread Information