Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

client connectin problem on same network computer

Hello, I was running ts3 on my home network with no problem. The server/client is on my main desktop, and a client account is on my son's laptop in another room. The laptop has always connected without a problem. Sometimes I had to change the IP address since my desktop uses a dynamic configuration. Now all of the sudden the client account on the laptop will not connect. I haven't changed anything except that I removed Overwolf overlay off both computers. The other threads I've read talk alot about port forwarding, but do I need to do this if the 2 computers are on the same network? And why would I if it was working fine before? Can someone please give me a suggestion...Thanks...

BTW - the desktop is running vista and the laptop windows 8 and I have a linksys e2500 router.

Router and port forwarding are not of interest if you're in a LAN. However, firewall setups are. If you don't want to check your IP address all the time, you can also use your computer's name as address.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Router and port forwarding are not of interest if you're in a LAN. However, firewall setups are. If you don't want to check your IP address all the time, you can also use your computer's name as address.
    Thanks for the reply, the router firewall appears to have been the issue, i disabled it and it worked, but heres a strange thing, i was uncorfortAble about having the firewall off, so i turned it back on, and the client is still working. I guess i shloudnt worry about it since its working.

Btw, when u say to use the computers name, are you refering to the computer s ip address?

It's the name you have setup, during the Windows installation.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...windows-7.aspx
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information