Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Setting up Permissions

I host my own server, that id let help in setting up permissions on. I know pretty much what i'd like them to be but don't really know how to go about setting it up.

Before i get heavily into that, I'd like to know if there's any reason why i can't solely use Server groups, juss to make it easier and if i go this route, what limitations, if any, can i expect when setting up permissions? Also, if it is a viable option, how can i lock the channel groups, so that no one can assign anyone to them?

Hey

The permission system restricts rights from the users and makes your server a lot saver.
    You can for example give special users the right to join a special channel or make like a server admin channel, where only server admins can join. It's pretty detailed but well set up if your server is new and you didn't changed something in the advanced permissions system. If you don't know hoe to setup the permission system, search help from other users or again ask in this forum for more help.

The advanced permission system is about protecting your teamspeak server and restricting rights from users you don't want to do have some rights. For example the right to poke someone. If you want to make different groups, maybe a security group, you can give them permissions like kicking normal users from the server or even bann them for a maximum of time.
    If you can't assign groups to users please make sure you are in this highest servergroup on your server.
    To deny people from adding users to channelgroups simply follow these steps:
    1. Activate the advanced permission system: Go to "Settings" -> "Options" -> "Application" -> tick "advanced permission system"
    2. Go to "Rights" -> "Channelgroups" -> search for the permission "i_group_member_add_power" and set the value to "75". Now search the permission "i_group_needed_member_add_power" and again set the value to "75". Make sure you edit the "needed" and not the other permissions.
    3. Do exactly the same in the servergroups if you have there is also this problem.

Again: Please don't modify permissions you don't know exactly what they do and how they work. You can use the standard teamspeak 3 permissions system it's set up perfectly.

Feel free to ask if there's something you don't understand. We will help you!

Greetings
    Marc
    Last edited by Riven; October 20th, 2013 at 06:55 PM.

I'm assuming you mean i_group_needed_member_add_power ?
    I tried searching the one you specified but didnt find that one, i found this one lookin through the list though.

Would locking these out and using only the server groups make restricting some channels a problem?
    I.E. a "admin office channel" not able to be entered by normal/guest.
    Last edited by Cyconianlord; October 10th, 2013 at 01:33 PM.

Ok, now onto setting up my server groups i suppose....

Id like to set up 3 tiers of Admins (technically 2, really)

1) Server Owner (me)
    2) Senior Admin
    3) Junior Admin

1) Server Owner
    -Can do all the things! (pretty sure the generic server admin covers this)

2) Senior Admin
    >>-Can not touch Server Owner
    -Can not change permissions
    >>-Can not set, or remove, other Senior Admin
    >>-Can not ban other Senior Admin

>>-Can set and remove Junior Admin and "Normal" groups
    >>-Can set Host and Welcome message

3) Junior Admin
    >>-Can not touch Server Owner or Senior Admin
    -Can not change permissions
    >>-Can not set, or remove, other Junior Admin
    >>-Can not ban other Junior Admin
    >>-Can not change Host Message

-Can Set and remove "Normal" groups
    >>-Can change Welcome message

>> = ones i think ive figured out while waiting for assistance

I do want to set up some channel restrictions and Normal groups as well, but I'd like to get these admin groups done first.

Edit #2 Aside from removing permission access, i think i have it all set correctly now. So aside from getting that straight, my only other questions are regarding channel permissions. Mainly, if its possible to restrict modification of a channel already made, but allow subchannels to be made for it still.
    I.E. Channel 1--parent channel - Cant be modified by "normal" group, but "normal" can make subchannels withtin parent channel
    Last edited by Cyconianlord; October 11th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Sry, my fault.

Of course i meant the permission "i_group_member_add_power".

Marc

Thread Information