Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Problem with total_clients_family channel-attribute

Hi there -

I am having a technical problem with the total_clients_family attribute in the channel-list.

The problem I am experiencing shows as follows:

If a channel is created manually (right click + create sub-channel) the total_clients_family of the father-channel is calculated correctly.

On the other hand, if it is created per query (channelcreate) the clients occupying this channel are not taken into account for the total_clients_family attribute of the father channel.

When comparing both sub-channels (manually and query-created) I noticed that the max_users in channel-tree is
    "inherited" for the manually created subchannel, but "unlimited" for the query-created subchannel.

Switching from unlimited to inherited solved the problem, the total_cients_family is calculated correctly.

Now there's two things to figure out:

1.: How to tell channelcreate-query to set this property to inherited (channel_flag_maxfamilyclients_inherited)
    2.: Why is this ? is this intended ? How does the maximum users in channel-tree relate to this ? is this a bug maybe ?

Thx for your patience, any answers/suggestions are appreciated

Hello again,

I managed to figure out how to set the "channel_flag_maxfamilyclients_inherited" property in the channelcreate-query,

but still I think there is no logical relation between this and the count of total_clients_family
    and I wonder if I am the only one who thinks that way.

Maybe I am also making a thought-error - but if that's the case please explain to me

Maybe I did not wait long enough (one day now),
    but since this thread was already read 64 times now and
    I kinda hoped (and still do) I would hear from one of the teamspeak-developers.

Cheers
    - Kornholio

Thread Information