Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Exclamation Teamspeak 3.0.10 not working on Ubuntu 8.04

I currently manage an old virtual dedicated server, running Ubuntu 8.04, knowing this is an End-of-Life version of Ubuntu I understand that it isn't a priority for your developers to maintain TS server compatible with this older OS.

I'm currently using teamspeak server on this server, only an older version (3.0.7.2). I wanted to upgrade/update server version and after a couple of failed attempts I decided to make this post.

Bellow I include a link to log files, core-dumps and core-environment libs.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/39...0.10-crash.zip

It gives me segmentation fault right after license check at line 31 of ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh.

I've updated /etc/apt/sources.list so that apt-get still works but I'm not sure if updating any libraries will help.
    Last edited by neskk; October 16th, 2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: typos, grammar

You have said it:
    Ubuntu 8.04, knowing this is an End-of-Life
    3.0.10 use other libraries, so you should use 12.04.2...
    Another thing: Try to start the server via: ./ts3server_starscript.sh start
    ATTENTION: Delete old database before!

I've done all of the above suggestions...

./ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ts3server.ini

Complete reset on MySQL database

Libraries should be independent from the OS version, if required libraries are present and their version is compatible (no deprecated functions or changed APIs) it still should work. No reason for TeamSpeak 3.0.7.2 work and current version don't.

I had to install a special package on Ubuntu 12.04 for MySQL Support. Search for "install teamspeak mysql"

Search for the one out of two pinned threads in this subforum. Hard, isn't it?

@ARCHI: Why do you bother type that kind of post! Non-informative and almost makes me want to flame you.
    @ARCHI: Posts aren't "pinned" they're sticky... and yes I've followed the Tutorial post the first time I installed TS3 on linux.

MySQL libraries are PRESENT, they WORK, the TeamSpeak 3.0.10 install script successfully created the tables and hence accessed the database.

"ldd libts3db_mysql.so" lists the dependencies for TS3 Server mysql library to run and my server has them all.

Please don't come here thinking you're experts throwing random comments and making other people look stupid.

@neskk
    I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to guy above me. But thanks, I should quote him instead.
    Your problem is typical regression problem and only system update will solve it. Your ubuntu is 5 years old. That's more than debian squeeze I think...

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHI View Post
    @neskk
    I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to guy above me. But thanks, I should quote him instead.
    Your problem is typical regression problem and only system update will solve it. Your ubuntu is 5 years old. That's more than debian squeeze I think...
    Posting via mobile is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHI View Post
    @neskk
    No harm done

Thread Information