Forum

Exclamation Windows 7 freezes, requires log-out when connecting to server

I have been using TeamSpeak for nearly a year before this started happening today. My friend told me from Skype to go to our TeamSpeak server and ended the call. I opened up TeamSpeak, went to connect to the server as usual. Before all of the channels can even load up, my TeamSpeak crashes and I can't move my mouse at all. I waited for 5 minutes before using CTRL+ALT+DELETE to log out and log back in again. So I tried again, and again, and again, still crashes my OS.

I've been looking around and have tried every single solution I have seen, but none have worked. I've tried disabling all of my plugins, clearing my cache, re-installing, restarting my computer, running as admin, changing my playback device, even tried another server, nothing has worked.

If anyone knows anything please respond, I'm so desperate to get on as I have a tournament match on TF2 soon and I fear I'll miss it!

Logs included below of all the times I attempted to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitaltomato View Post
    Logs included below of all the times I attempted to join.
    I see in the last log:
    Code:
    2013-10-16 16:09:57.851243|INFO    |PlaySoundSet  |   | Invalid playbackDevice in Config File, (profile, playbackDevice) = (Default, Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio))
    2013-10-16 16:09:59.181319|INFO    |PlaySoundSet  |   | Invalid playbackDevice in Config File, (profile, playbackDevice) = (Default, Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio))
    First I would verify the speakers using the media player.

I would try to test the mic+speakers from the TS3 but without connect to any server.
    Start TS3 client, no connect to server --> Settings --> Options --> Playback --> Verify "Playback mode" and "Playback Device" and test it using "Play Test sound" button.

Also, uncheck "always set 3D clients if available".

If speakers work
    Settings --> Options --> Capture --> "Begin Test" --> talk and verify you hear yourself.

Both work perfectly, I can hear the test noise and can hear my microphone in TeamSpeak. Media player also works flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitaltomato View Post
    Both work perfectly, I can hear the test noise and can hear my microphone in TeamSpeak. Media player also works flawlessly.
    You start the TS3 client and without connect to any server still appear the "Invalid playbackDevice in Config File, (profile, playbackDevice) = (Default, Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio))" ?

When you tested the speakers in TS3
    Settings --> Options --> Playback
    you did it with a particular profile selected.

Verify in
    Bookmarks --> Manage Bookmarks --> "More" button --> For the entry you use to connect to the server, the assigned playback profile must be the same you tested in Settings.

Playback profile is the same as the one being used to connect to the server as far as I can see. Also it does not come up until I attempt to join a server
    Last edited by Digitaltomato; October 17th, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Contact me in private messages.

Very weird, after re-installing at least 10 times it is working perfectly. Even though I had tried re-installing previously it has now decided to work

Thread Information