Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Sound clipping/breaking

Hello. I'm trying to use TeamSpeak for the first time, while playing with a group of PC gamers on my PS3. Turns out my laptop doesn't have Bluetooth support, so I bought the TS client on the Android store.

The problem is that when I connect other people can hear me just fine, but their voices don't come through correctly to me. It's breaking cyclically, not like random static. If someone was saying "Jane went to the store" I'd hear "Ja.. ..nt .. .he ..ore" I've tried it a few times with 3-4 other people, with the same result.

I've tried resetting the phone - which worked once but hasn't again since. As in, I did a test with one other person after a reset and was able to hear him, but later when I actually needed to use it to run a dungeon I was back to the rhythmic breaking from before. Even though I had just reset the phone again.

I'm using a Droid Razr Maxx HD connected to a Motorola bluetooth headset. Android version is 4.1.2

Any help would be appreciated. I did look through the threads previously. Saw a couple similar issue - but nothing resolved. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gamersince1976 View Post
    The problem is that when I connect other people can hear me just fine, but their voices don't come through correctly to me. It's breaking cyclically, not like random static. If someone was saying "Jane went to the store" I'd hear "Ja.. ..nt .. .he ..ore" I've tried it a few times with 3-4 other people, with the same result.
    You can try with

Settings --> Audio settings --> In "Playback" try selecting the different options ('Music' or 'Voice call') and also modifying the frequency --> "Save" (the effect is applied is 'on the fly', you haven't to restart the ts3)

Thanks for the reply

I tried those and it didn't work. People could hear my voice ok, but I still can't hear anyone else. Also, my bluetooth device kept randomly disconnecting. It works perfectly with the phone itself, and they're both fully charged, btw.

Thread Information