Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Auto adding group to new users

How to make that so everyone who enters the server have set to the default group which i was chose ?

Edit server, go to "misc" and set default server group as you like.

To do this you need to have FTP access so you can edit the serverfiles and the configuration.
    Maybe Barungar can help you more if you have more questions.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    To do this you need to have FTP access so you can edit the serverfiles and the configuration.
    Why should someone need FTP access to the server to change the default server group?! You can just change it, as I pointed out, on "misc" if you edit the server (right click on server icon from inside the client and chose "edit virtual server").

Ok thanks but can i add more than one ?

No, there can only be one default server group which is assigned to every user joining the server.

Barungar, i thought he wants to setup so that user are not set to the standard default group and get instantly assigned to a non-temporary group. It would be useful for smaller servers, so they can handle better with clients. If users are in temporary groups, it's not possible to modify the permissions or servergroups of this specific client.

I don't know exactly what he meat, but for this you would definitely need to modify the server files.
    But then you could also manage clients with the client ID and the admin server query login.

But you're completely right and i think he was looking for this solution.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    Barungar, i thought he wants to setup so that user are not set to the standard default group and get instantly assigned to a non-temporary group.
    Yeah, sure... and this can he archvied without the editting of any file. You just need to change the group in the "misc"-tab of the edit virtual server context menu. You can even assign "server admin" to every user who joins the server this way.

All he want's as far as I can get his meaning is to change that particular group everyone gets to a group of his choosing and not the default server guest group.

I don't think there is a big difference.

To modify the standard servergroup, simply right click the servertap, go to "edit virtual server" -> "more" -> "Different" -> here you can modify the standard servergroup.

Marc

Thread Information